New V 2.0 props for p4p ?

That video definitely shows a big difference in sound level.
And he thought the maneuverability was better with the new props, I might can be convinced now to get them.

Last edited:
I've only tested the V2 props on my P4P V2 so far. To my ears, the old and new props sound nearly identical.

Good to know, i was hoping for a more drastic change like the Mavic Pro Platinum. It is quite a bit quiter than standard Mavics. Have you tested the Occusync in the goggles?

FYI, Drone Valley compared them in this video.

Great comparison. Just to be clear, when I said that "There isn't going to be any significant difference between the P4P V2 and V1 with the new props" I didn't mean to say that the props aren't quieter (they definitely appear to be, or at least less annoying due to lower high frequency content), rather that both units (V1 and V2) should benefit equally with the new props, and in fact he noted that the V1 with the new props was indeed much quieter. What he unfortunately didn't do is A/B compare the V1 and V2 back-to-back with the new props on both to see if there is any difference. I don't expect that there will be, but it would be an interesting test. I'm sure we'll see someone do it soon enough.

Good to know, i was hoping for a more drastic change like the Mavic Pro Platinum. It is quite a bit quiter than standard Mavics. Have you tested the Occusync in the goggles?
there's only one YouTube video review that I've seen and the guy could not connect the occusync.
Previous video in this thread you can clearly hear a difference between the two sets of props

Have you tested the Occusync in the goggles?
I haven't had the chance yet since I have the DJI Goggles (not the RE Goggles). I'm waiting for DJI to release a firmware update to make them compatible.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Before my controller totally locked up with the error sound, blinking red and beeping, I was able to fly the P4 Vr 2.0 for 3 flights.

Coming from the P4 Pro, My observations are that the pitch is lower, and less noticeable than the P4 Pro. Flight up and down are also less noticeable, hovering seems to produce more noise than movement, both up or out.

Sadly, my controller is dead (after charging, and powering it back on it has stayed in the error mode, blinking red and beeping), nothing I can do will stop it.

You are supposed to be able to connect the controller to dji assistant 2 for Phantom and both refresh firmware or reset, but that connect doesn't work.

I am going to try the P4 Pro Vr props on my P4 later today to see if I notice the same changes.

Paul Caldwell

Would like to see him compare both AC with props off to see the affect of he ESC change.

From what he said he's supposed to do another update on it.

Just received my P4P V2 W/Racing Goggles on Tuesday between rain and hail was able to run it up... Ahhhh no more sound of attacking swarm of Texas sized Alaskan Mosquitos!!! Really I found it quit tolerable @ 120’ high more of a hum than that buzz...now the never-ending wait for DJI to get more in stock... PS never got to the goggles only work wirelessly with Mavic and they don’t send you the HDMI adapter from HDMI A to C (micro) to go from the controller to the headset.... Above and Beyond

I saw a guy just cut the original props to the shape of the new ones with scissors in the exact shape, and it worked, Pitch was lower, Where can we get these new props now ?

The video was made my Ken Herron

Not sure how meaningful that would be, even if there was a difference it would probably be totally masked by prop noise.
DJI claim that there are two changes that contribute to the noise improvement on the V2 drone. One of them is supposedly due to the ESC change to a sinusoidal waveform. So I was suggesting such a test in order to quantify that difference just for a data point. If there is a difference then it *could* address your assertion that, as you said, "[t]here isn't going to be any significant difference between the P4P V2 and V1 with the new props, whatever improvement there is on one will be on the other." The ESC change could mean that there would be a difference. And I think this is DJI's claim.

It's true that the difference might be masked. But might the difference instead be cumulative and not masked?

I'd still be curious to know how much of a difference, if any, the sine wave change makes without the props in the mix.

Just received my P4P V2 W/Racing Goggles on Tuesday between rain and hail was able to run it up... Ahhhh no more sound of attacking swarm of Texas sized Alaskan Mosquitos!!! Really I found it quit tolerable @ 120’ high more of a hum than that buzz...now the never-ending wait for DJI to get more in stock... PS never got to the goggles only work wirelessly with Mavic and they don’t send you the HDMI adapter from HDMI A to C (micro) to go from the controller to the headset.... Above and Beyond
Are you sure some people have said they got the goggles to work but only the re version did you link it correctly? But I have also seen some people say they can't get them to work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj