New unexplained malfunction.

Reaction score
So here's a new one I have not experienced or specifically read about before. I had my Phantom 2 up for a brief flight yesterday at the beach, had been flying it for a few minutes with no abnormal activity. I had it hovering about 5ft off the ground right in front of me, thankfully it was not elsewhere, because all of a sudden the power just cut out and the phantom flipped over and fell straight down on its back. I have no idea what caused this. It wasn't as if the motors stopped like they would if you brought the sticks down to the middle, the entire unit lost power. When I picked it up off the sand the battery was not on. Some how that minor fall was able to significantly bend one of the arms on the gimbal, but I seem to have been able to bend it back into place. Anyways, just wondering if anyone feels like they can shed some light on that one. Thanks.

I can't find the post, but there was another crash recently where the battery wire to the main board was a cold solder joint that came loose.

Since it came down and landed on its back better to remove the gps and check that the ceramic has not broken up .
Cheap as chips to replace around $8 for the ceramic .

SteveMann said:
I can't find the post, but there was another crash recently where the battery wire to the main board was a cold solder joint that came loose.

Actually there have been more than one case and a number of crashes where a cold solder joint was the prime suspect. I've seen pictures where the entire glob of solder is still attached to the wire and the board is perfectly clean. :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31