New to the site not new to Phantoms

Reaction score
Hi

Although I have lurked around the forums for a couple of years, I have only now, officially signed up. Currently fly a Phantom 4 Pro and am a UK PFCO holder. Look forward to spending some more time and learning some new things in these forums.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Jasonrowphoto
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: Toddwaddington
Thanks, I look forward to contributing

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
OK, Todd here. I just posted a separate “hello”, but since you offered... As a newbie who has done quite a bit of homework, I see that the Phantom Pro 4 is the only respected consumer drone to do pro photogrammetry work. Although I’m nowhere near that right now, I’m interested. My question is, with PP4 now off market, there are still a handful new ones out there, good used ones on BH, EBay, and so forth. Should I wait for more PP4’s to be turned over for resale as the PP5 should be released soon, or should I buy it now while there are still good PP4s in circulation? I don’t want to pay premium price for PP5 while I’m still learning, but wondering if prices will come down further on the PP4.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum :)

OK, Todd here. I just posted a separate “hello”, but since you offered... As a newbie who has done quite a bit of homework, I see that the Phantom Pro 4 is the only respected consumer drone to do pro photogrammetry work. Although I’m nowhere near that right now, I’m interested. My question is, with PP4 now off market, there are still a handful new ones out there, good used ones on BH, EBay, and so forth. Should I wait for more PP4’s to be turned over for resale as the PP5 should be released soon, or should I buy it now while there are still good PP4s in circulation? I don’t want to pay premium price for PP5 while I’m still learning, but wondering if prices will come down further on the PP4.
You ask me the million dollar question. You could wait for a P5 but I haven't seen nothing on it course I havn't been looking. Am satisfied with what my M2P does for what I use it for .
There are good used P4's out there but you are taking a chance buying anything used .I understand not wanting to start out with the latest then again if ya snooze ya loose .
I would get a new old stock one before a used one and when/if the 5 comes out have one then.
I keep back-ups cause you never know what might happen and I'm not getting caught with nothing to fly.
It's past addicting .

You ask me the million dollar question. You could wait for a P5 but I haven't seen nothing on it course I havn't been looking. Am satisfied with what my M2P does for what I use it for .
There are good used P4's out there but you are taking a chance buying anything used .I understand not wanting to start out with the latest then again if ya snooze ya loose .
I would get a new old stock one before a used one and when/if the 5 comes out have one then.
I keep back-ups cause you never know what might happen and I'm not getting caught with nothing to fly.
It's past addicting .

Thanks! All very good points. BH has a few new Obsidian P4Ps. I’m very interested in mapping and it seems that the P4P is still the winner with its mechanical shutter. The rolling shutter of the EXQUISITE M2P creates less accurate data for photogrammetry (as I understand it). But for cinematic beauty, photography, and all of the bells and whistles DJI Go offers the M2P, it is entirely understandable why it is regarded as the groundbreaking machine it is.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well it suits me as it's portable and considering my editing skills it's more than enough for me .
Now if I did the mapping and other stuff I might have went the other way .
I started with Phantoms and still have 2 and love em .No matter which you choose as far as I am concerned
DJI is really the only way to go though.
Course I am a DJI fanboy .
IOS also ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1