New to phantom 2 drones i need some help

Reaction score
I bought a phantom 2 just 5 days ago.
Here's how everything went down
After watching all the youtube videos on what to do I took her outside to give her some air. I did the compass calibration , let it get the gps signal and took off. That lasted maybe a min. I went up and all off a sudden I believe it was the forward lights that started blinking red and she started coming down on her own. To make a long story short she crashed ruining the zenmuse H3D3. No camera now. So I brought her inside thinking something was wrong g with the controller so I hooked the controller up to my pc running windows 10 and went to calibrate it. During calibration it said there was a update for it did I want upgrade so I clicked yes. It started to upgrade then the red light on the remote went out never to turn on again. So I am sitting here on my 3 day weekend which I was supposed to be flying trying to figure out what to do. I just dont have the experience in drones to fix it and have exhausted all of YouTube's videos looking for help. So I'm asking yall here. One last thing, do municipal airports have the same no fly zones?

The remote does not turn on
When I updated it the remote light winked out and it doesnt come back on. I have 6 volts on the remote and when i run the phantom assistant it doesnt respond. I used the RC assistant when it wi led out.

Try this see if it helps

Added another link above not sure if you seen both

When purchasing the old phantom 2 with batteries, one must test each battery extensively. Even though the batt charges and acts like it will work fine, most of these batts won't be good for flight as there internal resistance has been worn. Several hover flights over thick weeds, recharge, repeat to see how battery reacts will tell if its usable. I've had several of these batts, and many only fly the bird for a minute or so before the flashing red lights and landing sequence. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: Recoveryone
Thanks for the advice I just bought two new batteries and hope they are good

Of course, you realize the new batteries you purchased are aftermarket and not OEM.

Does that mean the are substandard?
I took it out to a feild yesterday and flew for 32 mins on each battery. So I now know the drone is good. I flew it out so far I could barely see it and then turned the remote off. Just like it was supposed to it flew up to 30 meters and then all by itself it flew back and landed. Today my new gimble will come in and I will install it and give it a test. Hopefully the range on it will be as good as the remote but I'm not getting my Hope's up high because the operating frequency is 5.8 ghtz and so that concerns me.

Reactions: dronesky
32 min, that has to be a record for a phantom 2, when they are only designed (battery) for 14-18 min. I better check mine again and see where the extra 15 min of flight time is hiding.

mil mio P2 con zenmuse H4-3D solo 15 minutos como mucho con cada batería asi que supongo que el compañero volaba sin el GIMBAL y eso es mucha mas autonomía por el menos peso.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.