New to p3 4k, what app do I download?

Reaction score
I bought a p3 4k used through craigslist but came with no instruction book. which app should I download for this model CE0890? It only has micro usb ports, no regular usb ports.

You should download "DJI GO" from the app store on your Apple/Android mobile device.

You can download the P34K manual here.

I am at the DJI GO app, the step 3 says connect USB cable to controller and phone/tablet. I only have a micro usb port on the controller not the regular usb port. I do not have a micro to micro cable. ??

You must connect the Phantom to the remote controller via Wi-Fi. See more details here.

Some areas of the internet say it should do it through the wifi, and no need for the wire. Is this true and how do I do this?

Some areas of the internet say it should do it through the wifi, and no need for the wire.
It's not possible to connect the remote controller via a wire.

I have powered up the drone and controller, I have gone back to the app and think I am in the correct screen, the one with a arrow in the centre of the screen but the rest of the screen is basically blank? am i where i need to be?

How did you connect the remote controller to your mobile device?

i turned everything on, and it started working, the gimbal at least. Am I not supposed to open my wifi on my phone an enter the code 12341234 somewhere?
All I see that is new is one called "Dragonite" does this have anything to do with the dji app?

Reactions: Photographicsteve
i turned everything on, and it started working, the gimbal at least. Am I not supposed to open my wifi on my phone an enter the code 12341234 somewhere?
All I see that is new is one called "Dragonite" does this have anything to do with the dji app?
Just speculating here. If you are indeed following the steps that have been provided here since post #3, perhaps the original owner changed the SSID from the default "PHANTOM3_XXXXXX" to "Dragonite"

I see where I am supposed to enter the Phantom3_XXXXXX in the manual and then enter the 12341234 but I am not getting that on my phone. Do i need to enter it under other networks?

possibly, and I don't know the password. What can I do?
I would simply try 12341234 with the Dragonite wifi network you see on your phone. If it doesnt work, I would look into resetting the SSID and password to factory defaults.

If it does work, don't be alarmed if you see a message that says "No Internet Connection" or something like that. That's normal since you are not trying to connect to the internet but you are trying to connect to your RC. This is by far the most asked question of Phantom owners with wifi (no cable) models.

Last edited:
I am at the DJI GO app, the step 3 says connect USB cable to controller and phone/tablet. I only have a micro usb port on the controller not the regular usb port. I do not have a micro to micro cable. ??
possibly, and I don't know the password. What can I do?
Get wifi to search for phantom on device with rc and AC on the default password which you will need to enter to conect is 12341234,you might not get pic of 34k on home screen till it conect,this is what mine does,once wifi conect p34k will come up on screen
1515005099896-1469810666.jpg
,password also on back of remote

I try to connect through Dragonite and use the password 12341234 and it says wrong password

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo