New to drones

Reaction score
well not completely if you count the cheapish 100 drones. That said my 15 year old wants either the spark or the phantom 3 SE. I'm reading about the sparks falling from the sky's so that has me leaning more towards the phantom 3. He says he is interested in becoming a drone pilot so if it gets him outside even better. Any advice is very welcomed.

Thanks

I'm reading about the sparks falling from the sky's so that has me leaning more towards the phantom 3.
DJI fixed the battery issue that was most likely causing those issues in the August 21st Spark firmware release.

DJI fixed the battery issue that was most likely causing those issues in the August 21st Spark firmware release.

Oh really? So what would you suggest out of the two? This is a stepping stone obviously but I want to get something that gives him the most use.

It really depends on your son's needs and wants. You can compare the specs on DJI's website here:

Here are some things I like about both of these drones:

Spark:
  • Smaller
  • Easier to transport
  • Props lock onto the motors
  • Less expensive accessories
Phantom 3 SE:
  • Longer flight time
  • Longer range
  • Sits higher off the ground
  • Shoots video in 4K/RAW
  • Remote controller is built to hold a tablet

My son (14, almost 15) has a P3S and it seems like he’s really liking it. Been almost a year and it still has his interest and has also sparked creative activity as far as putting together movies. As far as which one to go with, I would choose the SE because the camera and gimbal and battery life are all better. The main positive to the Spark is the size but for us that wouldn’t be enough to choose it over the SE.

I have a P4P. Just ordered my kid a Spark to get him out with me. He wanted the smaller size. I have generator in truck for business so can cycle batteries on site as needed. I may up a little later but for now, it seems to be the right choice. Has your kid expressed an interest or either?

Hey guys can some one please tell me what the difference is between the p4 pro and the p4 Advanced? do they have the same camera

Hey guys can some one please tell me what the difference is between the p4 pro and the p4 Advanced? do they have the same camera

Here ya go.
068b93b9695a4c57f01030b565f65885.jpg
83bcc88143f10fb003837909d1071a0a.jpg

Reactions: Neon Euc
Same camera. Advanced doesn't have the side/rear sensors and no 5.8ghz on the controller. Other than that, I believe they're the same.

The side sensors only work in tripod mode and beginner mode, so that for me wouldn’t matter, but I really like the 5.8 band. Very wide open compared to the 2.4 IMO.

I am interested in drones and starting a drone commercial business eventually. I am practicing with a $50 drone but all the controls are manual. While I am all about learning on a cheap version, shouldn't I be learning on the drone in which I am planning on using eveyday? The cheaper drones seem alot harder only because almost everything is manual and the features are limited. I feel like if I am using any particular drone that's what I will get proficient at. Also, does anyone have advice on first drones I should look into buying? My plan is to use this drone for vacation, leisure, then eventually drone real estate, videos, weddings,etc. I know this is a DJI forum but I have been looking at the DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 3,DJI Spark, 3DR solo, and Xiaomi Mi drones. I'm looking for advice or thoughts on this. Thanks

While I am all about learning on a cheap version, shouldn't I be learning on the drone in which I am planning on using eveyday?
I think so. If you want to learn how to fly a DJI drone, then practice with a DJI drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga