New to drones but did I make a mistake

Reaction score
I have a phantom 1.1 with the go pro mount coming but after some reading I think I should have gotten a v2 or v3.
Basically like the fact that they can link to more sats, smart battery I get flight time and prob less prone to getting lost also like the live vid feed. Also saw you can upgrade battery's
Still need to do some more research but what do you think
Thanks

Do you mean you think you should have gotten a P2 or P3?

Welcome to the party The Flash. :)

It's hard to follow your second sentence too, did you leave out the word "more"?

As far as which bird is best for you, it just depends on what you want to do with it, and how much money you want to spend. The P1 will be an inexpensive trainer for you. Besides teaching you how these things fly, it will teach you how to understand and follow a great deal of instructions so you don't ruin your bird.

The first line of my signature has a great search link, preceded by instructions on how to use it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Don't worry about the satellites and battery Flash, just have fun. You can use larger batteries in the P1 also and with 9 inch props you can get flight times close to what the P2 provides.

The P3 is a much better machine, for sure. But it is also a different price-point.

Right now, I would suggest the Phantom 3 Professional. But thats for my use. Each to his own. I don't think I would put more money into a P1 at this point, rather save up for a P3.

As iflyin said, it is a great trainer and you will really learn how to fly a quadcopter with the P1. And if you have a GoPro you can attach you can also get some cool video and snapshots. And then you will most likely see if you get "the bug" like the rest of us and feel you just "have to" upgrade to get all the new features :)

Reactions: IflyinWY
FYI, GoPro WiFi and P1 don't play well together. Both are on 2.4 Ghz... :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic