New tablet search; why so many issues with samsung?

Where does your evidence come from to back up this sentiment?

Android far outweighs IOS for flexibility...but more to the point, I've only ever used 2 Samsung tabs (2014 10.1") and as of the last few months, the 2018 Tab S4....and both work flawlessly with the DJI GO 4 app.

RoOSTA
evidence comes from how many people have posted here about issues with samsung devices. seems like every day and much much more than with apple stuff. i didnt ask about android or apple flexibility but ty for the reply.

Search results for query: samsung, connect

There are definitely some reported issues with Samsung devices specifically having connection issues. Most guess thats because Samsung has more bloatware and other specific issues with Android (hence the reason Android upgrades usually hit Samsung devices last as there is more to it).
yes there you go. definitely alot of samsung issues reported. i was hoping to get a samsung tablet to replace my way old mini4 but i see to many samsung issue shown here. make me want to just avoid samsung for my drone.

how right you are, you may find its 6.01 marshmallow and permissions that now have to be granted to apps dji and litchi don't like to play together i have a galaxy note 4 I had the dji app loaded and working fine after the updates, then loaded litchi which seemed to work hit and miss so uninstalled dji app and rooted phone downgraded all firmware did the magic 3 mod and ce mod and samsung and p3s seem to be ok sorry that's all I had to do I have installed now 3 or 4 apps for the dji just not the dji one.
thats what i mean about samsung stuff for these drones it seems like trhere is so much tweaking you need to do to get things to work and everyone says to tweak different things. even for the same tablet or phone some work easily and some nver work so people give up. i just dont want to exclude samsumg from my choices.

Simple solution which Google can help with. I've seen various compatibility charts; probably one or two offered on a post on this very forum, which shows how many people own what devices and who has rated the use UP or DOWN with the DJI Go app. It's fairly regularly updated and rather helpful.

Keep in mind IOS is a one-size-fits-all operating system for all apple devices; it's much better designed and streamlined. Then, think about Android; how many versions are there? How many manufacturers are adding their own drivers/bloatware etc...it goes without saying the sheer variety and customisation across android device and manufacturer means there's probably a 'higher probability' of complications in an android device over IOS when palying around with the DGO Go 4 app.

Your conclusion shouldn't be targeted to Samsung specifically.

yes there you go. definitely alot of samsung issues reported. i was hoping to get a samsung tablet to replace my way old mini4 but i see to many samsung issue shown here. make me want to just avoid samsung for my drone.
thats what i mean about samsung stuff for these drones it seems like trhere is so much tweaking you need to do to get things to work and everyone says to tweak different things. even for the same tablet or phone some work easily and some nver work so people give up. i just dont want to exclude samsumg from my choices.
I agree that most who have been on this forum for several years have seen a large number of issues reported with Samsung. Yes, as you've said there have been more than with other manufacturers.

One thing to remember however is that Samsung sells more smartphones than any other manufacturer. Also, though tablet sales are in serious decline Samsung is still second to only Apple. Given the large number of Samsung devices out there in the world combined with the way the Android OS is significantly splintered, it makes sense to me that we'd see more reported issues with Samsung devices. I'd also expect that there are more unreported "non issues" with Samsung devices.

To your point that "even the same tablet or phone" works sometimes and not others. I do always find it interesting when this is reported. Exactly the same models with exactly the same software with exactly the same AC/RC will work brilliantly for some and is a nightmare for others. I always just assume that either in reality something is not exactly the same, or I assume that the technical level of the users are different and they are missing something. Yes, in a perfect world having success connecting to your drone should not be reliant on a person's level of technical expertise. Don't forget however that we are meshing together two highly advanced bits of kit and sometimes it just doesn't go as planned.

You noted that you are hoping to get a Samsung. I'd say that as long as you get one that is known to work well with your drone kit, chances are good that you will not have an issue.

Reactions: JoBe and 3rdof5
Count me as one of the ones for no problems. I have used 3 different Android devices (S7 Edge, Tab Pro 12.2", Tab Pro 8.4") to fly with running 3 different OS versions (4.4.2, 5.5.1, 8.0.0) and varying bloatware overload. The only problem I have ever had was the dang micro USB connector becoming loose. Replace the cable and problem solved. My for-flying-only tablet has the oldest version, least bloatware. It is not one of the suggested ones on @msinger's list but it serves me well.

Reactions: Phill2 and 3rdof5
I agree that most who have been on this forum for several years have seen a large number of issues reported with Samsung. Yes, as you've said there have been more than with other manufacturers.

One thing to remember however is that Samsung sells more smartphones than any other manufacturer. Also, though tablet sales are in serious decline Samsung is still second to only Apple. Given the large number of Samsung devices out there in the world combined with the way the Android OS is significantly splintered, it makes sense to me that we'd see more reported issues with Samsung devices. I'd also expect that there are more unreported "non issues" with Samsung devices.

To your point that "even the same tablet or phone" works sometimes and not others. I do always find it interesting when this is reported. Exactly the same models with exactly the same software with exactly the same AC/RC will work brilliantly for some and is a nightmare for others. I always just assume that either in reality something is not exactly the same, or I assume that the technical level of the users are different and they are missing something. Yes, in a perfect world having success connecting to your drone should not be reliant on a person's level of technical expertise. Don't forget however that we are meshing together two highly advanced bits of kit and sometimes it just doesn't go as planned.

You noted that you are hoping to get a Samsung. I'd say that as long as you get one that is known to work well with your drone kit, chances are good that you will not have an issue.
thnx for taking a min to say all that it helps

Bought a used SM-T320 (8.4") with 2.3GHz processor for $80 and use it only for the P3A. Disabled most apps and is just as responsive as my mom's iPad. Never gets hot, even in Las Vegas summers, and battery lasts much longer than I have flight batteries for even with screen brightness all the way up (and the screen IS bright).
Every time I try to disable one of the 26 apps on my tablet it warns "other apps may not work if you do this".
So just how many of these can I delete......
IMG_5486.jpg
IMG_5485.jpg
IMG_5484.jpg
IMG_5489.jpg

First thing I'd get rid of is McAfee security. That will definitely slow down your device and antivirus isnt really needed on an android device.

I have only a few things installed; GO, Chrome, that's about it. Google Play Services and Play Store I didn't mess with. Most of the pre-installed apps have been disabled. Again, this tablet is used excusively for my P3A.

Be sure to turn off notifications on the apps that you don't disable too. And don't allow auto update.

Just ignore the warning. I think it's part of the disable API and disabling a service necessary for an app certainly will cause problems for that app. I leave the services alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20