How to find lost P3 with on-screen display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It seems that more people than usual are having fly-aways or incidents that mean they lose their P3. It can be for many reasons and that is not the issue here.

Many posts all talk about uploading Logs and so on to determine why ... great ... but what we need is to try and sort what to do at the time it all happens.

Many especially new owners fail to realise the value of the tablet / phone screen when that precious P3 goes off on its own or battery dies etc. But that screen can provide one of the best ways to find that wayward bird.

So here's a video excerpt from my own fault loss of my P3S ... where I was silly and ran out of battery ...

The main point to note : Is do NOT switch off or close the APP ... you MUST keep it open and displaying that all important last position. If your phone / tablet has GPS ... then you are onto a possible winner. If not - then you have to be able to decipher the image to work out where to go.

Remember that 99.99999% of the time - your P3 will be down in some brush, trees, somewhere where you are unlikely to receive continuous position data once its down. That last position on your screen is your lifeline to it ... don't lose it !!

What if your phone / tablet shut down or you lost that screen display .. then you go into the logs, extract the GPS coordinates and use your Tablet or TomTom or whatever to get to that spot.

Of course all the above is not much use to those that lose their P3 and then come on Forums to get answers .. I / we cannot get this sort of advice out to new buyers ... sadly.

But to all those who do read this - I hope you never need the above ... but if you do - I hope it helps ...

Remember watch that battery level .. watch that wind ... make sure all is good ...

Cheers
Nigel

Reactions: JoBe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member