New Regulations

Unfortunately, my point was lost on you.

No - your point was simply lost. Completely and unequivocally devoid of factual or logical basis. Which is why you can't think of any way to defend it - a bit like every other specific rebuttal I've made in this exchange of views that you have then ignored.

Don’t worry though, when it gets to the point where the law makes it too restrictive for you to play with your drone... I’ll still be exempted!!

Are you operating under different laws?

No - your point was simply lost. Completely and unequivocally devoid of factual or logical basis. Which is why you can't think of any way to defend it - a bit like every other specific rebuttal I've made in this exchange of views that you have then ignored.

Are you operating under different laws?

Yes I am, when the government takes away all your rights, I’ll still be the government and hence exempted.

I’m glad you like to drown in laws... I find most people I deal with don’t.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Have a nice life, keep drinking the government provided cool-aid because they’ll keep given it if you keep taking it. Don’t mind the unpleasant taste...

Reactions: Mitchp4p
Yes I am, when the government takes away all your rights, I’ll still be the government and hence exempted.

Oh - just the generic "when the government takes away all our rights" fallacy. No problem. Most of my flights are under either State Police or federal authority anyway.

I’m glad you like to drown in laws... I find most people I deal with don’t.

So you're a cop and you have noticed that most of the people you deal with have a problem with laws. How perceptive of you.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Have a nice life, keep drinking the government provided cool-aid because they’ll keep given it if you keep taking it. Don’t mind the unpleasant taste...

Doesn't that make you a part of the system, and thus the problem. I think you should resign in protest.

• Angry
Reactions: Mitchp4p
Doesn't that make you a part of the system, and thus the problem. I think you should resign in protest.

Thank God I have discretion...

I know you do SAR work which is why I bother responding to you at all...

It’s ok to have different opinions BTW. I for one like to give people the benefit of the doubt. The majority of “us” understand the ramifications of our actions and act accordingly. There will always be the few that do their own thing.... no you can’t throw out all the laws but I don’t believe shoving more laws at the majority will stop the few idiots. What i do see is people getting frustrated and then just ignoring the new laws... so the law makers are creating a new group of law breakers.

believe it or not, some people take it as a personal challenge to defy what they perceive to be stupid laws (no I’m not one of them).

Have a nice day! Oh the US Supreme Court doesn’t just blindly uphold bad laws. My point about mentioning Justice a Kavanaugh is that I personally think he is against creating a bigger government; but I guess that’s a Democrat vs Republican thing that I definitely won’t be getting into with you.

Thank God I have discretion...

I know you do SAR work which is why I bother responding to you at all...

It’s ok to have different opinions BTW. I for one like to give people the benefit of the doubt. The majority of “us” understand the ramifications of our actions and act accordingly. There will always be the few that do their own thing.... no you can’t throw out all the laws but I don’t believe shoving more laws at the majority will stop the few idiots. What i do see is people getting frustrated and then just ignoring the new laws... so the law makers are creating a new group of law breakers.

believe it or not, some people take it as a personal challenge to defy what they perceive to be stupid laws (no I’m not one of them).

It certainly is fine to hold different opinions. That's not your problem; as Moynihan famously said, "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts."

Have a nice day! Oh the US Supreme Court doesn’t just blindly uphold bad laws. My point about mentioning Justice a Kavanaugh is that I personally think he is against creating a bigger government; but I guess that’s a Democrat vs Republican thing that I definitely won’t be getting into with you.

The size of government is none of the Supreme Court's business, and neither is upholding or striking down "bad laws", whatever that is supposed to mean. SCOTUS has very narrowly defined jurisdiction and can only invalidate a law if it violates a provision of the Constitution. If you can point out to Kavanaugh where the Constitution forbids the FAA from regulating drones then he may be able to assist.

Here's a little factoid for you, when the government makes laws that are senseless, people WILL ignore them. My Dad and his WW2 war buddies were flying RC airplanes in Illinois In the late 40's It was a family event and there were at least 30 people there. And no laws. The idea of any cop or Fed telling then not to is absurd. Makes me laugh out loud. And for the fed to make rules intended for high population areas, applicable to everyone in the country and expect them to be followed is just as rediculous.

I just did some research. List of UAV-related incidents - Wikipedia

On 10 August 2018 A hot air balloon carrying a certified pilot and two passengers was struck by a drone while flying near the Teton County Fairgrounds in Driggs, Idaho. There were only 2 other incidents and only 2 "alleged incidents" since the beginning of 2017. No one was huirt, injured or killed.

Quick, get a bag, this guy is hyperventilating.

Last edited:
Here's a little factoid for you, when the government makes laws that are senseless, people WILL ignore them. My Dad and his WW2 war buddies were flying RC airplanes in Illinois In the late 40's It was a family event and there were at least 30 people there. And no laws. The idea of any cop or Fed telling then not to is absurd. Makes me laugh out loud. And for the fed to make rules intended for high population areas, applicable to everyone in the country and expect them to be followed is just as rediculous.

I just did some research. List of UAV-related incidents - Wikipedia

On 10 August 2018 A hot air balloon carrying a certified pilot and two passengers was struck by a drone while flying near the Teton County Fairgrounds in Driggs, Idaho. There were only 2 other incidents and only 2 "alleged incidents" since the beginning of 2017. No one was huirt, injured or killed.

Quick, get a bag, this guy is hyperventilating.

I'm not convinced that your assertion even rises to the level of a factoid, but at least you seem to be aware that it isn't factual.

factoid | ˈfakˌtoid |​
noun
– an assumption or speculation that is reported and repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact.​

Reactions: N017RW
I certainly understand why we now have so many regulations from the FAA. There have been so many droners that have ignored the rules, it was inevitable this would happen. I tried to fly yesterday just to get it in the air, and since I was in controlled airspace, got the red scroll saying, "cannot fly". My P4 would not start. In the past I would just call the tower to let them know I would fly under 200 feet and away I go. Not now.
So thank you abusers for the strict laws we now have.

The LAANC system is now active for both 107 and hobbyist pilots. Best done thru Kitty Hawk App. Response in seconds in most cases

It's great that 107 flyers can get instant authorization, but its my understaniding the "fly for fun" flyers apparently have to wait until Nov for LAANC to be implemented according to several videos I watched.
Doesn't make sense to make a law effective in May, but cant utilize until Nov. Does anyone have another take on this?

It is effective for both 107 and Hobbiest. The hobbyist was added July 23rd 2019

The LAANC system is now active for both 107 and hobbyist pilots. Best done thru Kitty Hawk App. Response in seconds in most cases
I found Airmap was a little easier to use. But, both apps will do the job.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I certainly understand why we now have so many regulations from the FAA. There have been so many droners that have ignored the rules, it was inevitable this would happen. I tried to fly yesterday just to get it in the air, and since I was in controlled airspace, got the red scroll saying, "cannot fly". My P4 would not start. In the past I would just call the tower to let them know I would fly under 200 feet and away I go. Not now.
So thank you abusers for the strict laws we now have.
Are you still in Perdido Key? Where did you try to fly? I flew just the other day at Wayside Park and Bayview Park. Both within PNS airspace and received LAANC approval within seconds.

Reactions: oconnb

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesmith1016