New Props - Silent but deadly - loved and abused but cherished.

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
This is a review by Phantom Rain : We tend to abuse the Drone with Rain, Wind and Snow so if you feel feint or , you might want to sit it out. Fear of Heights, Rain, Lightning, thunder, should PASS .

Sometimes the numbers dont tell the whole picture.

When i herd about the new props being a little bit more quitet , I was quick to get them.

Its no secret that the noise of the Phantom can cause surrounding people to get a headache fast and that means neighbors alike.

Many times when I take off the stress level is about the noise of the drone taking off and the surrounding people that endure it.

So when one of the neighbors asked if I got a new drone I knew exactly what she was talking about.

She said normally I have to close the windows because the sound is so penetrating , thats why I thought you got a new drone as it was not that bad

This video is kind of a unique view of the Props being abused and used in the wind and light mist.
The fact that i was able to talk while filming with the drone next to me , speaks volumes for these new improved wing tip props.

Another surprise was in the performance of the Phantom when shooting video with the new props which can be seen at the end of the video.

Approved Vendor for Phantom Rain Wet Suits.
Phantomrain.org

Its more than a wet suit its a suit of amour.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Well done.

Unusual that someone had to close their windows because of the Phantom noise! I fly mine frequently around my neighborhood and unless it is very low which it’s not until I takeoff or land and that’s always over my property it can barely be heard. I’ve not tried the new props yet as I don’t need a lower noise level. I probably will next time I need props.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Unusual that someone had to close their windows because of the Phantom noise! I fly mine frequently around my neighborhood and unless it is very low which it’s not until I takeoff or land and that’s always over my property it can barely be heard. I’ve not tried the new props yet as I don’t need a lower noise level. I probably will next time I need props.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

My nearest neighbor is about 4 ft away from me on the top deck as you can see they are connected close: We are only talking about take offs and landings that can stress others. Thanks jim

Reactions: volace
image.jpeg
Installed the new 'quiet' props and yes they are slightly more quiet and lacking in that high pitched squeal that tells everyone in my town that I'm out and about. Also received my phantom wet suit that I've fitted this morning and as luck would have it, it's about to rain, so I'm up for it. I have ended up with one left over piece that I'm not sure where it goes, didn't see it in the instruction video but I've attached a photo for clarification.

View attachment 100379 Installed the new 'quiet' props and yes they are slightly more quiet and lacking in that high pitched squeal that tells everyone in my town that I'm out and about. Also received my phantom wet suit that I've fitted this morning and as luck would have it, it's about to rain, so I'm up for it. I have ended up with one left over piece that I'm not sure where it goes, didn't see it in the instruction video but I've attached a photo for clarification.

Sure I can help you with that part. That is the plug that goes into the Surge mask that protects the SD card and the connection port. The surge Mask does an incredible protecting those ports as we rarely use that plug, but if we know we are going to be flying in a torrential downpour , we will use the plug to seal it up. feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have anymore questions. Thank you.

Reactions: tevek
Sure I can help you with that part. That is the plug that goes into the Surge mask that protects the SD card and the connection port. The surge Mask does an incredible protecting those ports as we rarely use that plug, but if we know we are going to be flying in a torrential downpour , we will use the plug to seal it up. feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have anymore questions. Thank you.
Cheers for that, makes sense. Heading out to test it out.

Were introducing are new NEON NAVY TAC wetsuit and we got just a little bit of rain today. The entire flight was about 25 minutes but here is 4 minutes of it. The NEON blue is really striking and so we added it to the Phantom Rain Wet Suit line. I really like the neon color at night which you can see in some of the other videos. Just never rains hard enough for a great video. lol

This is a review by Phantom Rain : We tend to abuse the Drone with Rain, Wind and Snow so if you feel feint or , you might want to sit it out. Fear of Heights, Rain, Lightning, thunder, should PASS .

When i herd about the new props being a little bit more quitet , I was quick to get them.

Its no secret that the noise of the Phantom can cause surrounding people to get a headache fast and that means neighbors alike.

Many times when I take off the stress level is about the noise of the drone taking off and the surrounding people that endure it.

So when one of the neighbors asked if I got a new drone I knew exactly what she was talking about.

She said normally I have to close the windows because the sound is so penetrating , thats why I thought you got a new drone as it was not that bad

This video is kind of a unique view of the Props being abused and used in the wind and light mist.
The fact that i was able to talk while filming with the drone next to me , speaks volumes for these new improved wing tip props.

Another surprise was in the performance of the Phantom when shooting video with the new props which can be seen at the end of the video.

Phantomrain.org

the noise level is so close it is only noticeable by the very few that have very sensitive hearing . low noise props is like DJI's new invisible drone the phantom 5.0

Were introducing are new NEON NAVY TAC wetsuit and we got just a little bit of rain today. The entire flight was about 25 minutes but here is 4 minutes of it. The NEON blue is really striking and so we added it to the Phantom Rain Wet Suit line. I really like the neon color at night which you can see in some of the other videos. Just never rains hard enough for a great video. lol

Well it didn't rain as much as expected but I took 'Orca' out for a 3klm Litchi mission flight yesterday in steady drizzle and whilst the drone was dripping wet, not a drop in the battery compartment and the world didn't end. Whilst the lens was wet etc, I wasn't interested in filming per se, but rather enjoyed the comfort in flying in conditions most of us avoid. Thumbs up and thanks again for providing an option, more rain forecast for today, so more flying.

Phantomrain.org

I’m amazed at how close you come to the treetops, any advice on your technique?

I’m amazed at how close you come to the treetops, any advice on your technique?

I took me about a year to understand the angle of the camera and the actual proximity of the drone to the object. So what I found was best is to point the camera just below horizon level and than fly within 3 ft on the camera which is really 10 ft on the actual drone. With some confidence you can trust that. even if you waver between 3 and 1 ft as I do sometimes the drone is still at 5 to 7 ft. Once you have that confidence you can do it well 100% of the time. It makes for some really dramatic shots and I think looks the best .

I purchased the new quiet props.
I didn't notice much of a noise drop.

That is a valid point, sound level was minimal which had been noted. The frequency level has changed and that is what is being appreciated by many.

The big difference is that we can now video record over the new frequency as the sound does not pierce the video as it did before. Its tolerable.

For those asking, ORCA is the Black and White Wet Suit for Phantom Rain Series. Phantomrain.org
All the Wet Suits are the same except for the Colors. Two Tone are best for Quick Orientation and Visual in the sky.
Thank you for your interest.

The video at the end was worth the wait. Nice back yard!!

Thank you, The house sits right on the river front, which is fun but causes panic when it starts to rise , do to all the flash rains we get. We also have the Lake Erie right in front of us so we get the wind blasts, its perfect for the drone life style.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj