PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
We have recently released are new product line the Phantom 4 Wet Suits that will allow you fly in the rain without the drone taking in any water.

One of the questions that was asked today was why we did not cover the entire drone in Scuba Neoprene and the answer is we did at first but the results were not good. Covering the entire drone with neoprene created a ramp for the water to run down which was not as good as making it a bi level where the water could run off and over the drone itself providing a much more secure position.

One of the first Proto - Types was made of Rubber and it had all kinds of bells and whistles on it however it affected the GPS system and Satellite numbers not to mention the rubber was to heavy.

A fact which we learned after the fact.

So we settled for a minimal design with the most amount of water resistance weighing in at 6 ounces utilizing 3 different water protection systems.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.
Phantomrain. org

Last edited:
Very interesting. Have you actually dunked it in the water phantom wetsuits? As I would be interested to see the footage. The price is good too

Airflow was kept the same. No disruptions or changes were made to the air flow . Unfortunately rain drops are going to be part of the rain experience as the minute you try to put a hood over the lens you are changing the air flow dramatically and creating an unstable drone. Now Rain X was ok but not perfect , but in the end , we liked the video with a few rain drops to show that it was in fact raining.

Very interesting. Have you actually dunked it in the water phantom wetsuits? Yes we have tested the Surge Mask and we found it gave us about 5 seconds to get in and out of the water, but it did not make it submergible. The wetsuit system is designed for the torrential downpour of rain. hail even snow.

Yes the Scuba Neoprene does offer some impact protection and the weight of the entire system is 4 ounces , as we kept it to a minimal design which we thinks looks pretty good and serves several functions.

Last edited:
You have my battery decals! Cool idea, I guess I'm too chicken to try it with a $1500 drone. What type of protection do you have for the remote?

You have my battery decals! Cool idea, I guess I'm too chicken to try it with a $1500 drone. What type of protection do you have for the remote?

Yes we love the Black Battery , we have already made the battery cover in neoprene as the sicker is not so easy to apply so that is already been made. As far as the Remote goes we do have a neoprene cover but we cannot say it offers anything to make it more water resistant as it seems to stand its own so far.

We dont want you to test it out, the idea is that sometimes it rains when you are out flying and the stress level goes way up and this is going to allow you to negotiate the fear much better.
We of course are going to push it to the limits.

Also a lot of people buy those stickers to change the look of the drone and this is a much more viable solution that adds function.
The Orca design is simple but its really striking in pictures an easy to spot in the air.
Thanks for your interest.
coal

Reactions: Neon Euc
We have recently released are new product line the Phantom 4 Wet Suits that will allow you fly in the rain without the drone taking in any water.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.
Phantomrain. org

Just found post,,about time something like this arrive:):)

I'm going to wait for user reviews, but so far I'm intrigued! Any chance you'll make one for the Mavic (not sure if the design makes it possible)?

rain.jpg

I'm going to wait for user reviews, but so far I'm intrigued! Any chance you'll make one for the Mavic (not sure if the design makes it possible)?

rain.jpg

Oh yes we know that feeling above well, we are not ready to take on the Mavic just yet as are focus is on the Phantom 5 as we think they are going to keep the original shell . I will keep you posted on the mavic but we will not rule it out.

Oh yes we know that feeling above well, we are not ready to take on the Mavic just yet as are focus is on the Phantom 5 as we think they are going to keep the original shell . I will keep you posted on the mavic but we will not rule it out.

10-4. I think the biggest challenge for the Mavic is being able to fold it. Yikes. Well that's what engineers are for.

Wishing you much success! Cool idea and a much needed product!

First 25 orders of the Phantom Rain Wetsuits went out yesterday, All orders from those in Texas or those involved in the Rescue - Search and recovery teams were sent priority or fed ex 2 day. Using Drones to save people is outstanding for the whole Drone Community . The amount of area that can be covered and filmed for potential rescues is a big help and far outweighs any negative reports of drones in the way.

We even had call from those with other drones on how to just make them weather proof to help in the search and rescue.

We have also herd from many drone users who lost there drone trying to fly in the rain as they can only last a few minutes without protection

With that much constant rain in Texas , the Phantom Wetsuits are up for the challenge and many drone users are saving lives, reporting dam breaks, overflows, fires, chemical toxins. ect

Its fantastic how they are helping and many are sacrificing there drone with no protection to do so.

Drone users may be seen in a different light if everyone continues to show how effective they can be. The drone laws may change again for the better.

Lets continue to push the limits of how important they will be.

For those of you who ordered a Phantom Rain Wetsuit be on the look out for this email in your Inbox.: Its coming:

WETSUIT INSTRUCTIONS.jpg

Last edited:
What about the heat from the drone?? More insulation holding heat in could cause the drone to overheat? Just my thoughts... obviously if it's wet it would keep it cool but it seems also that it's being used as a precaution measure to rain it might heat up.

You kind of took over the whole post, so maybe you could pull back some, I see the end result it looks good.

One post on a public forum is a take over?

Reactions: DrDoom and ryantrax
You kind of took over the whole post, so maybe you could pull back some, I see the end result it looks good.
How do you think I took over the whole post? I said it was a cool idea. For those who need to fly in the rain it's brilliant, I'm just too chicken to do so. Hesitation on a product of this nature should be expected, don't believe for a second I'm the only one with this opinion.

It is a cool idea but isn't it smarter to just spray the insides and outsides with NanoProtect which makes it completely hydrophobic? I have done it to my Phantom 4 but so far haven't dunked my bird into the lake I fly over all the time. Theoretically this spray will also protect the electronics and is optically pure so also protects the camera and lenses. The only hassle is you have to complete open up your bird and spray it inside, especially on the electronics. I am about to start flying from my sailboat and suspect I am going to have serious problems with retrieval so maybe I'll find out soon if the NanoProtect spray works as advertised. I also sprayed my iPhone and controller but just on the outside. I used a mister to see if it truly was water resistant and I can vouch that this is the case. I am not eager to throw my phone in a tub of water though so the Phantom will be the most likely to get dunked. I am a decent pilot but every now and again I do a boneheaded opposite direction maneuver. So, it is just a matter of time.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4