NEW ! Product Release For the Phantom 4 and Phantom 3 Series Drones - Reduce your Risk !

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Its no secret that thousands of Phantoms end up sinking in the water.

This is most likely do the fact that a greater number of Pilots fly over the water than on land and for much longer time spans.

You also have the added risk of a bad take off point , being a Pier, dock, boat, Sandy Beach, heavy winds, changing weather, can all effect your drone on take off. Magnetic Interference is Real and its everywhere you least expect it.

On top that you have the added risk of landing your drone just a bit short and ending up in the water which happens a lot.

The risks from flying on a boat increase dramatically as you negotiate drift, waves, sails , people and actual flight distance and battery usage when getting it back.

Drones sink incredibly fast , as you have just a few seconds to grab that drone , until its gone forever. Not only do you have the loss of the drone, but the battery, and the SD card and the frustration of getting another replacement drone.

Here at Phantom Rain we are no stranger to loosing drones, as we lost 2 of them to the lady of the lake ourselves.

So just as we designed the Phantom Rain WET SUITS to fly into the pouring rain storms We created the Phantom Rescue Jackets to survive the Oceans, Lakes, Rivers that can devour your drone within seconds.

The Rescue jackets take about 5 Seconds to lock into place and secure your flight, they weigh 3.2 ounces and Each Drone comes with your Personal Rescue Information Etched into the Jacket.

Although they can do some amazing things they are not meant for your drone to be a Submarine nor should you use them to take Sea World Pictures with. Think RESCUE.

This was a game changer and quickly became are #1 Preflight tool when taking off from new locations over the water.

The Phantom Rain Wet Suits are sill only availiable for the Phantom 4 Series of Drones , but the Rescue Jackets fit both the Phantom 4 and Phantom 3 series .

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.12.47 PM.png

Approved Vendor : Phantomrain.org Now you can fly in the Rain and Float on the water. The Jackets are in stock and Prices are posted on the Website , Delivery time is 5 days from purchase.

Here is a video of the Phantom Rain Rescue Jackets In Action :

hi what are the rubber rings around the motors for?

They are part of the Phantom Rain Wet Suit which I took off before flying to showcase the drone without the Wet Suit but I forgot to pull the Rings off. The Rings create a Bi level System for the rain to run off away from the vents when flying in a pouring rain. Creates a roof so to speak as does the entire wet suit so water cannot get inside the drone.

You can kind of see how the water runs off over the Wet Suit protecting all the vents.
This shows the Vent Rings and the Prop Rings which not only keep the water out but lock in the props tightly , allowing you to battle branches without the risk of them falling off, something that happens a lot on this forum.

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 12.21.28 PM.png

This is the Trauma 1 Wet Suit without the Rescue jacket.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 7.29.10 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 2.04.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 2.04.12 PM.png
    410 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: jdac
I brought a phantom and it had the bottom ones on and I didn't no what they was for, do they go on the moto that spins or the vents underneaf , but wouldn't that make motors over heat?

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Thank you , here is a closer look at the Phantom Series Rescue jackets :
You send us your personal info and we will Laser it into the jackets.

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 2.16.25 AM.png

Phantom 4 Showcase.jpg

Looks like a great idea to prevent your drone from sinking, but what about aerodynamics, seems to me these would affect flight because they would act like wings.

Reactions: Cedric99
Does it protect the camera? How does it keep water out of the shell half’s where they meet?
If you fly out over the ocean from the land, and it hits the water, it’s very unlikely you’re going to find anybody to go a mile out to rescue it. It will become another piece of floating garbage in the Pacific trash vortex.

$100 for $10 worth of rubber is absurd.

Looks like a great idea to prevent your drone from sinking, but what about aerodynamics, seems to me these would affect flight because they would act like wings.

Thankfully that is not the case moving forward or backward in sport mode : HOWEVER we do notice some heavy drag when flying Straight up to 400 ft in sport mode , This is not recommended. But as far as regular recording and flying goes this is the best defense over water.

A couple years ago when we were testing the Phantom 4 landing in the water with the Phantom Rain Wet Suit I landed in the Lake Erie about 3 ft off shore thinking if it sank I would just go in a get it. So I waded in the water and landed the drone , it immediately flipped upside down and sank.

Within seconds I was on the drone but could not find it, i walked the water until I was frozen as it was 55 degrees outside so an hour was enough.

The next day I went back out in a scuba suit and after another hours of walking the current , i gave up , it was so frustrating and Unacceptable.

The Agony , frustration and inconveniance of loosing a drone to the water is something you want to avoid and now you can. :)

The Second Drone we lost was do Magnetic Interference taking off of a Pier , the drone went out about 10 ft , than stopped and only flew Up an Down over the water, long story the drone landed in the water and sank when the battery died out.

It went something like this: This is the Pier , Magnetic Interference is responsible for many flights ending up in the water quickly.

The Audio goes out on the camera do to Rain but you can see the drone come to a dead stop as I attempt to fly over the Pier . Had I had gone out another 10 ft , I would not have not gotten the drone back and most likely ended up in the water. RTH fails when magnetic Interference take place.

Take Off is everything ! Confronting the Cement, Steel, Storm, Rain, Lightning, the drone is not happy and will only go up and down.

Does it protect the camera? How does it keep water out of the shell half’s where they meet?
If you fly out over the ocean from the land, and it hits the water, it’s very unlikely you’re going to find anybody to go a mile out to rescue it. It will become another piece of floating garbage in the Pacific trash vortex.

$100 for $10 worth of rubber is absurd.

Keep in mind that we build gear for those that make big money $$$ with there drone.

Flying a drone on a mary poppins like day outside if fun and kick for many.

But there is another ever expanding group of those that are making money with there drone, that is who we kind of cater to.

With that said the Wet Suit was designed to negotiate the weather , Rain Snow, Extreme Cold , again those that have purpose to fly there drone.

The Wet Suits are amazing tool: They lock in the props, Lock in the leg clips , They seal the battery and stop the cold from freezing it and they are designed to keep the water out of the drone in the pouring rain.

Thus the Wet Suit is a brilliant tool for those that make money with there drone and need to fly .

The Rescue jackets - They serve a greater purpose for those that make money: They give you every possible chance to get the SD card to your client when recording over the sea. Imagine someone hires you to film there yacht, cost them a grand in fuel, your drone crashes in the water , it sinks, your company and rep sinks with it as you cannot even hand over the SD card.

Most hobbyist , or those that cant afford $100 will not get another drone once there drone is gone, This is not the case with those that make money with there drone.

The Phantom Rain GEAR ranges from $79 to $120 a small price to pay to protect your Drone Company reputation and make money when others cannot.

This is the Phantom Rain Wet Suit : NEON blue Closed Cell Neoprene $120 It comprised of 18 Parts all designed to negotiate the water to keep it out.

P1010542-5b2ec2e02df08.jpg

This is the Phantom Rescue Jacket:
Its sole purpose is to float your drone in the water so you can rescue it. For Professionals it a a perfect pre flight tool.

RESCUE JACKETS $79
Phantom 4 Showcase.jpg

After viewing the lost and found on this forum and others, it is much more essential that we originally thought to have the Rescue information on your drone as the person finding it 90 % more likely to contact you , than post that they found your drone on a Forum.

Because of this we now offer the Rescue Information to be etched into every Wet Suit free of charge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj