New Pilot First Video: Cherry Grove, Fire Island NY

I wouldn't want to live there when a hurricane would come by. Lol Maybe that's why I live on a mountain top. I have been through too many hurricanes in Fl.
Flying is fun, isn't it? It may help your video if you got more of the ground or sky in your frame. When you split the two, your camera has trouble getting the light level right. One is too bright and the other is too dark. When you came to the ground the light level got better. You could have went into the sky and the clouds would have been seen better. Thanks for the video.

Reactions: skeptic49
I wouldn't want to live there when a hurricane would come by. Lol Maybe that's why I live on a mountain top. I have been through too many hurricanes in Fl.
Flying is fun, isn't it? It may help your video if you got more of the ground or sky in your frame. When you split the two, your camera has trouble getting the light level right. One is too bright and the other is too dark. When you came to the ground the light level got better. You could have went into the sky and the clouds would have been seen better. Thanks for the video.

Thanks for the composition tip.

This will be our 18th season on the island. Of course Hurricane Sandy did the worst damage particularly to communities lacking a developed dune system, unlike ours. We lost about a third of our dune during Sandy. Other Fire Island communities lost beachfront houses and suffered extensive bay side flooding. We had some flooding as well on the bay side but we did not lose any beachfront houses. Actually Nor'easters cause the most beach erosion as well as severe erosion bay side. At a certain point you just have to figure that if the big storm hits you got your enjoyment out of the place.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4