New phantom

Reaction score
Newbie here. Just bought a new P4P v2. I have 2 flights so far and I noticed my gimbal is a little to the left yaw wise. I tried the adjustment in the GO 4 app and I can’t seem to correct it. Anybody have any suggestions. It’s probably off maybe 2 or 3 degrees.

A few things you can try

1) Try a gimbal calibration in DJI Go4 with the drone tilted and it's rear motors resting on the ground, so the the camera is at 90 degrees pointing upwards.
1598656359803.png

2) While the drone is off torque the gimbal housing in the opposite direction of the skew, hold onto the turret that is just coming out of the body mount. There is an o-ring that needs to slide a bit to re-orient the camera. You need to go a bit past the point of straight on as you are stretching the o-ring.

Here are some threads on this fix recommend by DJI

3) Since it's new, return it for a replacement

Last edited:
I did run across both of those remedy’s doing some research. Thanks for your response.

Ok. I’m a little confused with the torque solution. So the drone is off - no power. Turn the gimbal to the right until it stops then gently try to force it past that stop point? Am I understanding this correctly?

Ok. I’m a little confused with the torque solution. So the drone is off - no power. Turn the gimbal to the right until it stops then gently try to force it past that stop point? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes drone is off
Turn in the direction so the camera is facing straight, you might need to go a tiny bit past the center line to the right as it will spring back a bit once you stop turning it.
It is a tiny adjustment (1-2 degrees) to the right not a huge turn after the resistance point

Last edited:
Ok. The gimbal doesn’t stop at center. It turns to right and left to about 45 degrees. So I’m supposed to try and force it past that stop point to the right?

Yes, past the stops. If too much, go back other way. GLuck
Hold camera And gimble when trying this.

Last edited:
Seems to have worked. After a couple of flights it’s staying centered. Thanx much for your help.

Reactions: Capt KO
Seems to have worked. After a couple of flights it’s staying centered. Thanx much for your help.

Ok great, it might revert back if you do a gimbal calibration, so hold off on that even if your tempted to do it.

I'll put something off topic but relevant I think. Chosing the title let it be as much as can be about the problem you are talking about. In this thread we've just got the information that we are going to read something about the new Phantom - a Phantom 5 ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic