Phantom 4 pro camera not straight

Reaction score
Hi,
Just bought the 4 pro and I ve just realised that the camera is positioned slightly on the left.
Anyone has the same issue?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This is the DJI recommended fix from engineering: With the aircraft off, grab the camera and gimbal firmly, and torque it firmly but carefully in the opposite direction of the incorrect camera direction. Test it. If it is now too far in the opposite direction, torque it back in the other direction. After several cycles of this process, and you can eventually get it back to straight. Use just enough torque to get it to move, but not enough to rip it off! You likely won't feel the movement, but it will be apparent afterwords. Worked for me! :cool:

Reactions: Specktech
I got the same information from a DJI Rep. I've done it with my P4P and it works nicely.

Reactions: Specktech
I have the exact same problem. The camera has a 2-3 degrees offset on the yaw axis, which makes correct video framing and flying very difficult...Tried the fix that GadgetGuy suggested above, but can't seem to center the camera. How hard should we torque the gimbal in the opposite direction? Must we exceed the gimbal hardware pan stop points? Isn't this dangerous? Could someone please make a video for this fix?

I have the exact same problem. The camera has a 2-3 degrees offset on the yaw axis, which makes correct video framing and flying very difficult...Tried the fix that GadgetGuy suggested above, but can't seem to center the camera. How hard should we torque the gimbal in the opposite direction? Must we exceed the gimbal hardware pan stop points? Isn't this dangerous? Could someone please make a video for this fix?
It must be done with the power off, and needs to be done firmly, past the stop, to move the stop. Here is the direct quote from Ken/blade strike of DJI:

Crooked Camera Fix

"Ok guys.. got a response for the offset gimbal. This is direct from engineering..

And for yaw drift, this issue may occur if the gimbal is skewed due to shaking in transportation, and the rubber gimbal ring moves towards one side.

To fix it,

manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the yaw until it reaches its limit when power off. Several times the gimbal should be centered"

Reactions: Giang and Specktech
I'll give it a go and I'll come back with an update...
Shall I have to grab the camera and the gimbal with one hand though?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm having the same issue with mine but I'm not game enough to try this without seeing someone do it first. If anyone ever has a YouTube tutorial type video of the method in future please post it here.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have the same issue and that "fix" is more DJI BS. First off, it doesn't work or only works for a single flight. Second, there's no way that simple shipping forces rotated an internal stop on a double locked and secured gimbal. Just add this gimbal issue to the host of gimbal issues with this aircraft.

I have the same issue and that "fix" is more DJI BS. First off, it doesn't work or only works for a single flight. Second, there's no way that simple shipping forces rotated an internal stop on a double locked and secured gimbal. Just add this gimbal issue to the host of gimbal issues with this aircraft.
My thoughts exactly. Also I bet DJI won't be so quick to fix if you break it during this procedure.

I just got my Phantom 4 Pro in this past week, took me a few flights to notice the issue.

Has anyone figured out a resolution to this other than the torque method?

I followed the standard "reset IMU" "Auto calibrate Gimbal" without success.

Another thing I noticed: on the Auto Gimbal calibration, the camera does seem to favor panning to the left more than the right. This would lead me to believe that their is something wrong with the orientation of the gimbal when it was mounted.

Reactions: AyeYo
I still have not fixed mine and the absurd manual torquing recommendation doesn't work for more than a couple minutes.

I just got my Phantom 4 Pro in this past week, took me a few flights to notice the issue.

Has anyone figured out a resolution to this other than the torque method?

I followed the standard "reset IMU" "Auto calibrate Gimbal" without success.

Another thing I noticed: on the Auto Gimbal calibration, the camera does seem to favor panning to the left more than the right. This would lead me to believe that their is something wrong with the orientation of the gimbal when it was mounted.
Your only options are to try the DIY fix, which did work for me, exchange it for another at the point of purchase, or send it in for warranty repair. The first is the easiest and quickest, preserving options two and three, if it doesn't work. Option three leaves you without your aircraft for three weeks, and you will likely be sent a used refurb instead. I would opt for options one and two. I have used both. Good luck!

Had some issue with my P4P took it back to Best Buy who exchanged it for me. My Second P4P camera had a focus issue took it back and replaced it and now my third one is good. I believe a lot of the P4P have an issue either with Gimbal or Camera with that said if you do get a fully functional Drone they are amazing

Had some issue with my P4P took it back to Best Buy who exchanged it for me. My Second P4P camera had a focus issue took it back and replaced it and now my third one is good. I believe a lot of the P4P have an issue either with Gimbal or Camera with that said if you do get a fully functional Drone they are amazing
I have had very poor luck with all the early production P4P aircraft, whether from B&H or Best Buy (on units 5 and 6 now). If you can get a late, recent production unit, the assembly quality control seems to be better. Best Buy's 45 day exchange policy for Elite Plus members really helps! I'm waiting to see if the latest firmware update fixes the remaining problems, or whether this last one from Best Buy also needs to go back for yet another exchange! Every additional 45 days helps make sure you get a later version unit. Units in the same batch all tend to have the same issues. It's a fantastic aircraft, once you get a good one! :cool:

Hi,
Just bought the 4 pro and I ve just realised that the camera is positioned slightly on the left.
Anyone has the same issue?
Thanks

Sent from my OLED TV using PhantomPilots

I've done it with my P4P and it works!!!
Not so hard... Torque gimbal in opposite (Rigth) with P4 powered off.
1, 2, 3 times and all will be "perfect!!!"

I've done it with my P4P and it works!!!
Not so hard... Torque gimbal in opposite (Rigth) with P4 powered off.
1, 2, 3 times and all will be "perfect!!!"
Sounds like the modeling and stretching technique for PD! :p The engineer who came up with this technique must have just returned from seeing his urologist! ;)

Reactions: PirataNelCuore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20