New phantom

Reaction score
Due to a fly away I lost my brand new phantom 4 pro last week. DJIS replacing it and it should be here by Wednesday. Question. Period. Will the new P4P automatically hook up to my controller from the previous one or will I have to get some kind of software update or something?

Will the new P4P automatically hook up to my controller from the previous one or will I have to get some kind of software update or something?
You'll just need to link the new remote controller in DJI GO like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome that’s easy enough! I just didn’t know if I was going to have to ship it somewhere or take it to a shop. It’s the same for a new Fantom not necessarily a new remote correct?

That's the process you must follow to link a Phantom and remote controller together. It works for new or old Phantoms and/or remote controllers.

Kissthesky,

In my short time flying I'd say my lessons learned is I would also make sure if your flying in P Mode you have sufficient satellites in view and then set your home point each flight. If you do the auto take off it's automatic.

I've learned the hard way to pay more attention to the the warning messages too, in high winds the aircraft might not overcome wind velocity until switching into Sport mode. I just stay grounded if much more than 10 MPH winds because I'm close to a mountain range and down sloping winds around here can gust upwards of 70+ MPH.

I'm constantly learning more about the weather to better predict what winds to expect.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
A learning experience is an understatement. I'm going to be buying a GPS locator and a parachute. The wind was something I did not take into effect that day. I didn't think I was going high enough to worry about it and since I was only going to circle the house I didn't see it as a big deal but now I will. I took off in P mode but it switched itself to atti mode somewhere in the middle of losing Communications. I'm not used to attitude mode yet and definitely have seen very little of sport mode.

You have to remain situationally aware especially when in Atti mode. I try to practice in Atti mode each time I go out to fly, especially when windy, and only close by. As soon as you feel your not in control switch back to P Mode immediately to stabilize your drone, regroup or return home. Again I would always start in P Mode, set you home point before flying in Atti. That way you have a plan during your flight to safely return home. Sounds like you may have accidently hit the mode switch.

You have to remain situationally aware especially when in Atti mode. I try to practice in Atti mode each time I go out to fly, especially when windy, and only close by. As soon as you feel your not in control switch back to P Mode immediately to stabilize your drone, regroup or return home. Again I would always start in P Mode, set you home point before flying in Atti. That way you have a plan during your flight to safely return home. Sounds like you may have accidently hit the mode switch.
If you check out the other thread, it looks like there was a failure of the GPS module that put it into ATTI mode.

Right... I wasn't the one that put it in attitude mode it did it itself... I just bought the bird so I wasn't really comfortable with attitude mode yet. 90% of my flying to date was in P mode the other 10% was at altitude playing with sport mode just to see how fast it would go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.