Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Sign up for a weekly email of the latest drone news & information

  1. Kissthesky

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    18
    Due to a fly away I lost my brand new phantom 4 pro last week. DJIS replacing it and it should be here by Wednesday. Question. Period. Will the new P4P automatically hook up to my controller from the previous one or will I have to get some kind of software update or something?
     
  2. AeroMirage

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2017
    Messages:
    391
    Likes Received:
    207
    Location:
    North Carolina
  3. msinger

    Approved Vendor

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2014
    Messages:
    28,845
    Likes Received:
    9,053
    Location:
    Harrisburg, PA (US)
    You'll just need to link the new remote controller in DJI GO like this:

     
  4. Kissthesky

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    18
    Awesome that’s easy enough! I just didn’t know if I was going to have to ship it somewhere or take it to a shop. It’s the same for a new Fantom not necessarily a new remote correct?
     
  5. msinger

    Approved Vendor

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2014
    Messages:
    28,845
    Likes Received:
    9,053
    Location:
    Harrisburg, PA (US)
    That's the process you must follow to link a Phantom and remote controller together. It works for new or old Phantoms and/or remote controllers.
     
  6. Kissthesky

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    18
    Cool...Thank you I really appreciate it
     
    Oso likes this.
  7. BarryWilson

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2017
    Messages:
    41
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Thornton, CO
    Kissthesky,

    In my short time flying I'd say my lessons learned is I would also make sure if your flying in P Mode you have sufficient satellites in view and then set your home point each flight. If you do the auto take off it's automatic.

    I've learned the hard way to pay more attention to the the warning messages too, in high winds the aircraft might not overcome wind velocity until switching into Sport mode. I just stay grounded if much more than 10 MPH winds because I'm close to a mountain range and down sloping winds around here can gust upwards of 70+ MPH.

    I'm constantly learning more about the weather to better predict what winds to expect.
     
    RunningWithScissors likes this.
  8. RunningWithScissors

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2017
    Messages:
    514
    Likes Received:
    323
    Location:
    New York
    Been following your story on the other thread.
     
    Kissthesky likes this.
  9. Kissthesky

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    18
    A learning experience is an understatement. I'm going to be buying a GPS locator and a parachute. The wind was something I did not take into effect that day. I didn't think I was going high enough to worry about it and since I was only going to circle the house I didn't see it as a big deal but now I will. I took off in P mode but it switched itself to atti mode somewhere in the middle of losing Communications. I'm not used to attitude mode yet and definitely have seen very little of sport mode.
     
  10. BarryWilson

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2017
    Messages:
    41
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Thornton, CO
    You have to remain situationally aware especially when in Atti mode. I try to practice in Atti mode each time I go out to fly, especially when windy, and only close by. As soon as you feel your not in control switch back to P Mode immediately to stabilize your drone, regroup or return home. Again I would always start in P Mode, set you home point before flying in Atti. That way you have a plan during your flight to safely return home. Sounds like you may have accidently hit the mode switch.
     
  11. bsartist

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2016
    Messages:
    689
    Likes Received:
    325
    Location:
    Adirondacks, NY, USA
    If you check out the other thread, it looks like there was a failure of the GPS module that put it into ATTI mode.
     
  12. Kissthesky

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    18
    Right... I wasn't the one that put it in attitude mode it did it itself... I just bought the bird so I wasn't really comfortable with attitude mode yet. 90% of my flying to date was in P mode the other 10% was at altitude playing with sport mode just to see how fast it would go.
     
Loading...
Similar Threads - phantom Forum Date
Phantom 4 Advanced - GPS Positioning Issues Phantom 4 Pro Help Today at 4:45 AM
Phantom3SE range Test (Australia) Phantom SE Yesterday at 11:34 PM
FOR SALE refurbished Phantom 4 Pro $1,100 Classifieds Yesterday at 8:44 PM
DJI phantom 4 pro or pro+ General Discussion Yesterday at 4:29 PM
Phantom 4 and Energy Turbines! Photos and Video Yesterday at 3:41 PM