New Phantom firmware 1.6

Then there is the issue of how to change firmware in the RC, which seems to have changed something
in the communications protocols and does not work with GO 2.4.0. 2.4.1 and up only.

When DJI “updated “ GO app from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 two major changes were made. For one they removed the “format data recorder“ option. Second, they made the data recorder .DAT files “read-only“ (undeletable!). Couple that with latest RC firmware update 1.5.7 that forces you to update GO to 2.4.1 and up. I'm no genius here, but do you guys see a pattern?

anyone else experienced firmware update taking over an hour?
No it only took about 10 minutes
it keeps beeping though
so if you don't look for the gimbal light being solid green you wont know it is done.

if that light stops flashing and is solid green it worked. shut off and remove card , reboot

I haven't got my P3P yet. But I've been here reading and trying to soak up all the knowledge that I can. So, if DJI puts out a FW update that enhances battery life, which in turn makes it safer for me to fly and the only trade off is the top speed of my quad will be a little slower..I'll take it. As far as the 500m altitude. .that's 1640 ft, thats pretty high. If we need to go higher we need to get ourselves a real aircraft.
This can be a great place to get information but be careful there's several people around here that are clueless and cause more harm than good. Just never take one persons advice as fact and you'll be fine. Welcome and take your time when you do get up in the air and make sure you are in a wide open space . Watch as many youtube videos that you can and stay in your comfort zone. You will have a blast . Happy safe flying !!!

TC ... you are a complete goose and have very little idea what you are talking about.
Passenger jets cruise at high altitudes .. but there are plenty of smaller planes that aren't even pressurised and fly a lot lower than that.
With your appalling lack of knowledge combined with your supreme self-confidence, you're the last person that should be deciding how high it is safe for you to fly.
The good news is he probably doesn't understand icing conditions so he's going to try for 10000 feet through clouds in the winter and his phantom will hit terminal velocity and turn into metal and plastic debris.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
All I want to do is fly above the clouds. I don't know how high they are so I guessed 10000ft. Don't be a hypocrite. Don't tell me you never flew above 400ft. Don't tell me you never flew out of LOS. I'll take responsibility if anything bad ever happens.

Edited to add: also if you guys ever drive above speed limits you are also hypocrite.
You want to fly above the clouds, get a pilot's license. Stop being a stupid **** and messing things up for everyone else. Calling everyone a hypocrite doesn't help you're argument much. If you're really bored, look up logical fallacies on Wikipedia.

I'm no genius here, but do you guys see a pattern?
I think you've finally worked it out.
You're certainly no genius and the pattern is that no matter what DJI do, you always know it's bad.
They could bring out an update that doubles the P3's range and speed and you'd still find something imaginary to complain about.

How about DJI giving the ability for those who want to roll back the ability to? It would fix many problems people have but this forum might get less traffic....j/k

kirk2579 said:
"February.

ill explain then if needed"

since you asked and after reading more of you posts.

February is about when we will see your post about lost/crashed/flyaway.

somethings are not IF but WHEN.

You asked!
It may sooner than that! Decided to do a second altitude test today, no fogs. After triple checking that there are no airports nearby and seeing no airplanes in sight I wanted to see if yesterday flight was above clouds or fogs. Sadly I did not go above the clouds, I'm somewhere between it. Maybe needed a few more feet. I guess I'll just have to do it until I get one of those low-flying clouds. Anyway, it was very windy today. As I ascend I notice it keep drifting. I did not want to abort since I was already set on doing this. As I finally reach max altitude I notice I was about half miles away. How is this even possible? I pulled the bird back towards me and it was going like 1mph! At this rate I know it will never come back. Luckily I kept my cool remembered that wind blows slower at lower altitude. I lowered it a few hundred feet and its going 3mph...still not enough. Lower a few more hundred feet, now 6mph. A few hundred more, now 10mph. Now it's at 200ft and its 20mph. Its moving along now. TC Malker is saved!

Lesson learned (again). Never fly in high winds, especially at high altitudes. Not safe!

I tested my 3P3 after upgrade at 63deg. Went to 1500ft and thought it might not get back down before the battery died. The left controller stick all the way down and much slower.

I tested my 3P3 after upgrade at 63deg. Went to 1500ft and thought it might not get back down before the battery died. The left controller stick all the way down and much slower.
Thanks for testing. Can you check your flight logs and see what speed you were ascending, descending?

You want to fly above the clouds, get a pilot's license. Stop being a stupid **** and messing things up for everyone else. Calling everyone a hypocrite doesn't help you're argument much. If you're really bored, look up logical fallacies on Wikipedia.
Very well said!!

One can only hope that certain people have their phantoms fly away, never to be seen again.
Thats not very nice. It could come down and hit sheeple in the head...

It's just incredibly frustrating to seen someone willfully endangering others for nothing more than their own jollies. This is why here are restrictions. The ones that complain the loudest are the ones that generally need the most restrictions.

Being that the update slowed the motors down, how much of a difference is there in the P3's ability to fight the wind now compared with before? 25mph winds were workable with the 1.3.20.

what about RTH speed? Is it much slower?

If it flies much slower, guys will be doing triple mod batteries to go long distance since it will take longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.