New Phantom firmware 1.6

OK DOING MY PART TO BE A SERVICE HERE - HERE ARE THE RELEASE NOTES !
RELEASE NOTES.PNG

THE LINK IS DJI Forum|Phantom 3 Pro/Adv Battery Firmware v1.6.0040 Install Guide and Support Thread THERE IS ALOT MORE INFO THERE ! VIDEO TOO !

PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL Release Note
© 2015 DJI. All Rights Reserved.
Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.6.0040 2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.4.2 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.4.3
What’s New:
1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection. 2. Optimized battery management.
Notes:
1. Users are advised to update all the Intelligent Flight Batteries with this All-in-One firmware. 2. The firmware can be downgraded to v1.5.30

updated my P3P to 1.6 and took it for a few test flights. Everything operated great! Not like I'd know any different though, because it was my first flight with it and I live in Texas, where it was a balmy 80 degrees. I do have some flicker in my video though, which is quite annoying.

Don't think I've ever pulled a cold battery out of one of my birds after it landed as of yet. It would seem that the power reduction would only be for a short period of time till the internal temperature of the bird builds up some heat. It seems that by logic that this really doesn't help the issue of battery problems and the Phantoms that fall from the sky after several minutes into the flight. I've got multiple Phantoms and I read through most of the forums. It seems that the P3 has more of an issue with batteries than any other model yet it goes through a warm up period before launch where the others don't.

TC Malker, where do you live? Is there any law/rule in altitude limit where you fly?

I am wondering about people living in countries in altitude restriction such as 400ft/120m, where they want to fly much higher than they are allowed. I see the P3 has ability to fly higher than 500m, but manufacturer DJI restricts the altitude to 500m, and then the country restricts the altitude even further to 120m, but they still want to fly higher than 500m. Why?

An example is the car I used to own has top speed of about 280km/h. The manufacturer electronically restricts the top speed to 250km/h. Then the government put a top speed limit of 110km/h in the highway. So the fasted I should be travelling is 110km/h. I don't see the point of me having to drive at 250km/h at all. Even in a private race track where there is no such speed restriction, I don't see the point of driving at 280km/h.

Because the Earth is not flat. With mountains it is possible to fly well over 500 meters and still stay less than 120 meters above the ground. Case and point, below is a video where I flew over 2900 feet (890 meters) above where I started and never once was above 400 feet (120 meters) above the ground:

Reactions: Porc and Spydertoph
So for now if we are on the new firmware there is no way around the 500m height restrictions if we are flying in the mountains?

I'm no pilot, but everybody knows that airplane cruising altitude is between 30,000 - 40,000 ft. So yeah, it's safe for me to fly it 10000ft, my goal.
not accurate really! I am a pilot and there are often times when arriving and departing aircraft are put into holding patterns at differing altitudes. one of the most popular is 10,000 feet!

Reactions: Lyle Hardin
What important functionality did you lose?
I certainly don't want to lose any more functionality than I already have, which is why I am still holding off on updating further myself.

The follow me function no longer works. This is one of the reasons I purchased the Phantom 3, and I have spent a frustrating
amount of time on trying to get it back. The problem is most likely in the DJI GO app but older versions of it do not work with
the current version of the remote control, and there is apparently no way to roll back the version of the remote control.

So for now if we are on the new firmware there is no way around the 500m height restrictions if we are flying in the mountains?
If so you appear to be the first person to have cracked the P3P 500m limit. Or was it not a P3P?

The follow me function no longer works. This is one of the reasons I purchased the Phantom 3, and I have spent a frustrating
amount of time on trying to get it back. The problem is most likely in the DJI GO app but older versions of it do not work with
the current version of the remote control, and there is apparently no way to roll back the version of the remote control.
I used follow me today with all the latest updates .. No problems whatsoever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL Release Note
© 2015 DJI. All Rights Reserved.
Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.6.0040 2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.4.2 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.4.3
What’s New:
1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection. 2. Optimized battery management.
Notes:
1. Users are advised to update all the Intelligent Flight Batteries with this All-in-One firmware. 2. The firmware can be downgraded to v1.5.30
how do we get the new android app 2.4.3?

Because the Earth is not flat. With mountains it is possible to fly well over 500 meters and still stay less than 120 meters above the ground. Case and point, below is a video where I flew over 2900 feet (890 meters) above where I started and never once was above 400 feet (120 meters) above the ground:

In your view, someone living in Nepal can also ask DJI to increase the altitude to 10km so they can fly above Mount Everest, so how high is the limit?
Like I've said before, one day someone might ask DJI they like to fly their drones to the moon :rolleyes:
DJI decided to set an altitude limit and they chose 500m, that's their rule. Don't like it, you can also buy other brand of drones.

Updated to latest firmware on iPhone 6, Phantom and R/C. No vibration or any other issues. Phew!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj