New Phantom firmware 1.6

I heard this update also syncs data to the new FAA database. GPS coordinates etc... They named it operation santa claus. Ahead of the Christmas buying spree. :p

Horizontal and vertical speed DECREASED!
You left out an important part. Here's what the release notes actually say:

"In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection."

"In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection."
What I get out of that is the maximum speed is limited to certain speed regardless of temperature. Probably some arbritary number like 20mph.

Reactions: dirtybum
I have not upgraded my firmware out of the box. I have 1.53 iirc. Noticed my Go app had done an automatic update. Was wondering if I will run into a compatibility issue between the app and the firmware eventually? If so I will be turning off the auto update on the app. It flying just fine. I like to wait on any type of software updates anyway.

Reactions: garykeithmead1

He doesn't like to confuse the issue with things like FACTS. ;)

Come on, you know that! :D

If you don't like reading bad information posts You can easily see whose posts to ignore.
TC .. if you post it, it's almost certainly wrong.
24920593.jpg

What I get out of that is the maximum speed is limited to certain speed regardless of temperature. Probably some arbritary number like 20mph.

Nothing like making stuff up so you can biach about it!

Why are you so angry?

I have my 5 th phantom ready to go out as we speak and fly . The other 4 are ready to go also or sold.
somehow they survived all this supposed dji crap you are whining about.

just go fly and enjoy
or don't!

Nothing like making stuff up so you can biach about it!

Why are you so angry?

I have my 5 th phantom ready to go out as we speak and fly . The other 4 are ready to go also or sold.
somehow they survived all this supposed dji crap you are whining about.

just go fly and enjoy
or don't!
I actually went out and flew today, thank you very much. Tested the altitude....it is indeed maxed out at 500m. What a bummer! The good thing though is that it went above the cloud. I guess they chose 500m because the clouds are a little below that.

edited: actually I'm not sure it went above the clouds. It was very foggy...couldn't see when it was above 300ft. Then a few minutes later I was above something...not sure fog or clouds. Must go higher somehow!

I actually went out and flew today, thank you very much. Tested the altitude....it is indeed maxed out at 500m. What a bummer! The good thing though is that it went above the cloud. I guess they chose 500m because the clouds are a little below that.

edited: actually I'm not sure it went above the clouds. It was very foggy...couldn't see when it was above 300ft. Then a few minutes later I was above something...not sure fog or clouds. Must go higher somehow!

TC Malker, where do you live? Is there any law/rule in altitude limit where you fly?

I am wondering about people living in countries in altitude restriction such as 400ft/120m, where they want to fly much higher than they are allowed. I see the P3 has ability to fly higher than 500m, but manufacturer DJI restricts the altitude to 500m, and then the country restricts the altitude even further to 120m, but they still want to fly higher than 500m. Why?

An example is the car I used to own has top speed of about 280km/h. The manufacturer electronically restricts the top speed to 250km/h. Then the government put a top speed limit of 110km/h in the highway. So the fasted I should be travelling is 110km/h. I don't see the point of me having to drive at 250km/h at all. Even in a private race track where there is no such speed restriction, I don't see the point of driving at 280km/h.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic