New Phantom firmware 1.6

It's only when cold folks. So don't go quite as far when cold. Heck, if your in the US you should not be going beyond LOS anyway.

I wouldnt let him wind you all up. Looking at his posts, it seems to me that hes deliberately being inflammatory to seek attention. No-one could be that stupid.
This comes to mind......

online-troll.jpg

Where have you been? Don't you know by now that DJI now restrict downgrade firmware one version only? You can NEVER go back two. No, your way won't work.

Cold winter, hot summer.
I know that. I'm just explaining the logic. If 1.6 can be downgraded to 1.5 and 1.5 can be downgraded to 1.4, it can go down and down....

Reactions: Reed L
I know I'm new here but reading several post is seems that as the weather is getting colder people are reporting that they are experiencing sudden shut downs and drones falling from the sky. Now DJI releases an update that prevents the battery from shutting down in the cold weather. Maybe I'm stupid but it is cold here so I will update.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe this happend due to cold batteries.

I am new to this forum . I just bought the dji phantom 3 professional and I love it !!! I have got a lot of very useful information on this site but to be honest my first read scared me a little. ..... I could not tell who was being real and who was just making stuff up !!!!! My first time on here I read about the guy that said his phantom 3 professional just fell out of the sky .. battery not at 100% .That one made me want to return my new TOY !!!! BUT as I kept reading I could tell who was serious and who was just having a little fun !!! I enjoy all the post keep up the good work !!!

I updated to the new software and flew my P3A for 40 mins today with no issues at all, I'm glad to see DJI address the battery concern.

I know that. I'm just explaining the logic. If 1.6 can be downgraded to 1.5 and 1.5 can be downgraded to 1.4, it can go down and down....
I wish it worked that way. Problem is the RC doesn't revert back. Fw goes back 1 previous but RC stays same. Since RC stays, it won't let anything go older.
Key is Not in the quad, it's in the RC which is updated by Go.

Wow , just been reading the thread this TC guy is exactly why every Country is clamping down on irresponsible flying . You say you know what you are doing and where is safe to fly and how high . Therefore do it safely If you want to fly at 10,000ft register your drone and file a flight plan.

Wow , just been reading the thread this TC guy is exactly why every Country is clamping down on irresponsible flying . You say you know what you are doing and where is safe to fly and how high . Therefore do it safely If you want to fly at 10,000ft register your drone and file a flight plan.

All I want to do is fly above the clouds. I don't know how high they are so I guessed 10000ft. Don't be a hypocrite. Don't tell me you never flew above 400ft. Don't tell me you never flew out of LOS. I'll take responsibility if anything bad ever happens.

Edited to add: also if you guys ever drive above speed limits you are also hypocrite.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC Malker
I live in the United States. Why do people want to fly higher than 500m? Because they want to fly above the skies. It's just cool as hell. As for the altitude restriction / speed limit, I treat them as recommendations or suggestions. I know what is safe or unsafe and its up to me to decide, not the govment. As an example, today when I tested the altitude test, I know there isn't any airports or airplanes nearby. So it's completely safe to fly as high as I want. Tomorrow I'm going to try to take pictures of the Camel Rocks, anybody heard of that?
Thanks for your explanation. Now I feel safer to drive my car in an empty highway at 280km/h even though the government tells me the speed limit is 110km/h. Will try to post a YouTube video soon to show off my new personal fastest drive, I am sure you will find it cool as hell... :p

Reactions: mrtsb3061
All I want to do is fly above the clouds. I don't know how high they are so I guessed 10000ft. Don't be a hypocrite. Don't tell me you never flew above 400ft. Don't tell me you never flew out of LOS. I'll take responsibility if anything bad ever happens.
you must be very wealthy to make a remark like that..........you exactly the kind of person who will ruin this hobby

If you want to fly above the clouds, go to Hawaii, drive up Mauna Kea and fly 100' above the ground.. Never fails.
To do it anywhere else outside LOS is stupid.

Reactions: mrtsb3061
I haven't got my P3P yet. But I've been here reading and trying to soak up all the knowledge that I can. So, if DJI puts out a FW update that enhances battery life, which in turn makes it safer for me to fly and the only trade off is the top speed of my quad will be a little slower..I'll take it. As far as the 500m altitude. .that's 1640 ft, thats pretty high. If we need to go higher we need to get ourselves a real aircraft.

I wish it worked that way. Problem is the RC doesn't revert back. Fw goes back 1 previous but RC stays same. Since RC stays, it won't let anything go older.
Key is Not in the quad, it's in the RC which is updated by Go.

There is more to it than that, also...

I tried to revert back to 1.4 on my P3P and while the aircraft goes through the motions and the GO app
reports version 1.4 afterward, it does not change the version of every component on the aircraft. The
P3X_FW_LOG_AB file shows that some components remain at the version they were updated to with
the 1.5 update. So it seems that without a service bin compatible with 1.5 that can wipe everything
like was possible with older FW versions, you are stuck.

Then there is the issue of how to change firmware in the RC, which seems to have changed something
in the communications protocols and does not work with GO 2.4.0. 2.4.1 and up only.

This is a problem because I lost some important functionality with the last updates and now cannot get
it back even by reverting to the older version.

If somehow I could get the P3P back to the versions that worked for me that is where it will stay for the
rest of it's life.

just a question why would anyone need 5 phantoms??!!!

" The other 4 are ready to go also or sold.
somehow they survived all this supposed dji crap you are whining about. "

note the word "sold" in there!

I buy them, fly them and then sell them! now down to a P2 plus and P3 Pro

And why not 5 anyhow?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic