New Phantom 4 Battery not Charging, Odd Light-up Configuration

Reaction score
Hoping someone has seen this before and can tell me what it means. Haven't had luck searching through all the forums.

Bought a brand new Phantom 4 battery from best buy (5350mAh model). Plugged it into my regular charger, the battery recognizes it and lights up all 4 bars, then the first bar blinks rapidly 12 times, then switches to a slow blink three times, then all the lights shut off. The lights indicate less than 25% charge, even after a couple hours being plugged in.

I also tried plugging it into my Phantom 4 to check how much power actually was available, and it won't even turn on my UAV.

Is there a fix for this or am I returning it to the store? Thanks!

Not sure about that blink mode, must mean something, but I don't know what. But the battery doesn't sound good. I had a new one that would not charge, I tried everything, but it would not charge. It did not give me the blinking that you see though, just the first light near button blinking or something like that. Anyway, I put it on the charger, turned on and left it all night. Next morning, no charge, so I unplugged it and then quick plugged it in again, and it starts charging. It charged completely, but the last LED does not light or work. Still, the battery works, charges and runs properly now.

I spent 30 minutes talking to DJI support and it's a defective battery. Going to try and exchange it tonight. Thanks for the comments.

I spent 30 minutes talking to DJI support and it's a defective battery. Going to try and exchange it tonight. Thanks for the comments.
It could be the controller board. The latest controller firmware screwed up a lot of people boards.

Not sure about that blink mode, must mean something, but I don't know what. But the battery doesn't sound good. I had a new one that would not charge, I tried everything, but it would not charge. It did not give me the blinking that you see though, just the first light near button blinking or something like that. Anyway, I put it on the charger, turned on and left it all night. Next morning, no charge, so I unplugged it and then quick plugged it in again, and it starts charging. It charged completely, but the last LED does not light or work. Still, the battery works, charges and runs properly now.
I think I have the same problem. My P4 is about a yearand half old but have only been able to put about ten
hours on it. Bought a spare battery when I got the drone and have used both alternately. Due to health problems my drone has been setting for about three months and when I went to recharge both batteries this week one of them only flashes the bottom Led like yours and will not charge even
after being on charger overnight. Sucks as battery is past warranty but only about four hours of flying on it. Maybe I need to try an ebay battery!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl