New phantom 3 standard owner

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just bought a phantom 3 standard from someone and I'm tiring to connect it to my wifi but it's not showing up. I'm not sure how old the phone has to be but I have a stylus 4. Is there anything I should have done when I brought it home,maybe reset something just didn't realize it was this complicated. Thanks

I also have a Phantom 3.
I power on the Drone first. Then power up the Remote Controller.
There is then beeping and eventually the light on the Remote Controller goes Green and indicates that they are linked. Then I can connect to the wifi. If this isn't happening you can try relinking the Drone and the Controller as outlined in the manual.

WELCOME ABOARD! ??

Hi everyone! I just bought a phantom 3 standard from someone and I'm tiring to connect it to my wifi but it's not showing up. I'm not sure how old the phone has to be but I have a stylus 4. Is there anything I should have done when I brought it home,maybe reset something just didn't realize it was this complicated. Thanks
Did you follow quick start guide that come in da box to set up
If your phone wifi not finding it to conect you might have to enter it manually in your wifi networks if phone bit old,,not complicated, once you set up you'll love it
There's also a manual pdf download you can get free,,covers all info regarding your drone,,makes good reading so no panic attacks lol

Reactions: Leonard Smith
Did you follow quick start guide that come in da box to set up
If your phone wifi not finding it to conect you might have to enter it manually in your wifi networks if phone bit old,,not complicated, once you set up you'll love it
There's also a manual pdf download you can get free,,covers all info regarding your drone,,makes good reading so no panic attacks lol
I've tried everything and it's like the transmitter isn't giving a signal. I was so excited to get it and I've been on the internet for 2 days trying to figure it out but I'm gonna call dji tomorrow and hope I get somewhere. Thanks for reaching out tho

I've tried everything and it's like the transmitter isn't giving a signal. I was so excited to get it and I've been on the internet for 2 days trying to figure it out but I'm gonna call dji tomorrow and hope I get somewhere. Thanks for reaching out tho
I can control the drone with the transmitter but it just won't connect to phone and all the features are on the app

Are you trying to connect it to your home WiFi? If so, this is your problem. The drone connects to the transmitter and your phone connects to the drones WiFi. Have you tried to connect your phone to the phantom’s WiFi as detailed on page 25 of the manual?

In your later post you indicate that you can fly and control the drone so that indicates that the controller is linked but that your phone is not linked to the drones WiFi. Take a look at the manual page 25 and it should help get you going.

Hope this helps.

Chris

I discovered by trial and error that your home WiFi MUST be switched OFF, otherwise it will overwhelm the WiFi signal link between my drone, its controller and my smart phone.

Now and then while attempting to launch my Phantom 3 Standard, I forget to switch my home WiFi off, and only remember to do so when it starts to take way too long for my iPad to link with the drone. I go back indoors, power off my Wifi, and then 2 minutes later, the link is established so I can launch the drone normally.

Now, if the OP has taken the precaution of powering the home WiFi off, and is still having trouble linking the drone to the smart phone, it is possible that the WiFi signal of a nearby home or business is creating sufficient interference to block the drone's WiFi link. In such an instance, merely taking the drone further away from the possible source of WiFi interference, may solve the problem whereby the drone and smart phone link up normally to allow normal flight.

Ok if you can control drone this means it is linked,,,I presume after turning on the remote has all green lights and the link light on drone should be solid green,,,,what is the light on the gimble doing,,solid red,,flashing? Yes as other post mention turn home wifi off till sorted ,,phantom 3s has it's own built in wifi module which talk to remote and your device,,,do you have another device to try,,this will eliminate yours at fault
I can control the drone with the transmitter but it just won't connect to phone and all the features are on the app

I just bought a phantom 3 standard from someone and I'm tiring to connect it to my wifi but it's not showing up
Are you sure the WiFi was working for whoever you bought it from?

Reactions: Squirrel!
I use mine with an iPhone 11. When I got it, I needed to update the firmware, and pair it with the controller again, as others have suggested. Lots of info online about how to do it.
Have fun!

I also have a Phantom 3.
I power on the Drone first. Then power up the Remote Controller.
There is then beeping and eventually the light on the Remote Controller goes Green and indicates that they are linked. Then I can connect to the wifi. If this isn't happening you can try relinking the Drone and the Controller as outlined in the manual.
P3 wifi ?
P3 does not have wifi
@@@ READ YOUR MANUAL @@@

The Phantom 3 Standard does utilize a WiFi link between the smart device and the controller, and also between the airborne drone, and the controller. Whenever I attempt to launch my Phantom 3 Standard without first turning off home WiFi transmitter, I realize my mistake because it becomes impossible to link the controller to my iPad, until I go in and power down the WiFi.

The Phantom 3 Standard's WiFi video link operates between 2.400 and 2.484 GHz, while the P3S controller's link operates between 5.725 and 5.825 GHz. Other Phantom models utilize only the 5.8Gz band.

Have you opened the WiFi settings on your phone? If the transmitter is putting out a signal, it should be listed in the available WiFi connections available. I've never had to shut down my home WiFi to connect.

There are also some free aps out there that will display WiFi signals around you. If you try one, see if your P3 is listed. If not, there's an issue somewhere in the controller.

I just bought a used Phantom 3 standard. It linked to my Samsung S20 ultra just fine.

Hey Jayen! While this isn’t official advice let’s just say I have to deal with dozens of phantoms like this... what seemed to work for me was refreshing the firmware. Most of the time I just downloaded the latest, put it in the memory card then powered on the craft while holding the RC linking button (keep pressing it until the little LED in front of the gimble switches from green and red repeatedly) then leave it alone for about 20-30 minutes. It’s supposed to stop automatically but it never seems to. After about 25 minutes turn it off and on and see if that helps. There’s another method but it’s riskier and takes even longer so let me know if that helps first.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wait...you bought a drone from someone without seeing it fly, first?! My question is, where do you get batteries now?

Wait...you bought a drone from someone without seeing it fly, first?! My question is, where do you get batteries now?

Virtually every used drone sold via ebay or Amazon, will have changed hands with no flight test possible. There is a leap of faith needed to purchase a drone sight unseen, but one would like to think that reputable sellers on ebay would choose to be truthful about the condition of any drones they sell, to avoid getting embroiled in a dispute filed with ebay or PayPal, and also to preserve their reliability ratings, if they are frequent sellers on the platform.

Speaking of which, I recently purchased a Mavic Pro on ebay, and when it finally reaches me, I'll report back here with my findings about whether or not the seller's description of the drone as being "barely used, and never crashed", was an accurate sales pitch. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one, for it is my first ever purchase of a used drone.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Virtually every used drone sold via ebay or Amazon, will have changed hands with no flight test possible. There is a leap of faith needed to purchase a drone sight unseen, but one would like to think that reputable sellers on ebay would choose to be truthful about the condition of any drones they sell, to avoid getting embroiled in a dispute filed with ebay or PayPal, and also to preserve their reliability ratings, if they are frequent sellers on the platform.

Speaking of which, I recently purchased a Mavic Pro on ebay, and when it finally reaches me, I'll report back here with my findings about whether or not the seller's description of the drone as being "barely used, and never crashed", was an accurate sales pitch. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one, for it is my first ever purchase of a used drone.
Point taken, the OP never said he bought it on CL, that was my ASSumption.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.