New Phantom 3 Standard: A New Horizon

I think it's pretty cool they made sure to say something about way points and follow me. When do you think we'll have that for P3A and P3P?

Hmmmm, pretty interesting that review said the rc wouldn't be able to hold a tablet. My eyes aren't that great so I need a tablet!

That review didn't exactly put a positive spin on the Standard...

The others I looked at were about the same but you can change that holder out as I did and will hold my Mini fine .

I was just about to order a pro. Been going back and forth over pro or advance and now this happens. Any of you present pilots that would miss 2k reach, 4k camera and the extra possibilities that you get with the transmitter that you get with the pro or advance. The price is not a problem but I want to know if a casual pilot would be fine with the standard?

I was just about to order a pro. Been going back and forth over pro or advance and now this happens. Any of you present pilots that would miss 2k reach, 4k camera and the extra possibilities that you get with the transmitter that you get with the pro or advance. The price is not a problem but I want to know if a casual pilot would be fine with the standard?
Ain't choices grand?! I have the P3P and will use it mostly for photography. Then videos when I learn some editing. I wouldn't trade my P3P for any of the others! But if you're getting for mostly "flying" and zipping here and there, then any of the others are great choices.

I was kind of out on this when I first saw it . But this might be perfect mission machine. Feel better about sending this on 2.5 mile missions instead of p3p. Battery life better too.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

That's the 8th Phantom aircraft to come out in less than 3 years.
Phantom and Inspire timeline:
Phantom 1 $679.00 December 9th, 2012

Phantom 2 Vision $1,199 October 28th, 2013
Phantom 2 $679. December 16th, 2013

Phantom FC40 $560 January 20th, 2014
Phantom 2 Vision+ $1299 April 7th, 2014
Inspire 1 $3399 November 13th, 2014

Phantom 3 Advanced $999 April 9th, 2015
Phantom 3 Professional $1259 April 9th, 2015
Phantom 3 Standard $799 August 5th, 2015
Inspire 2 ?

Phantom 4 ?

Notice the P3 st. costs $500 less than the P2+?

Here are the aircrafts of DJI

Attachments

• dji aircraft.jpg
    dji aircraft.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 462
The new P3S has follow-me, point of interest & way-points. So when will we with P3P & P3A get that?

The new P3S has follow-me, point of interest & way-points. So when will we with P3P & P3A get that?

The P3A and P3P will get those features at about the same time that the P3S gets them. :)

(Note that the web site says "Coming Soon.")

-- Roger

Reactions: JBG and mick74
if anyone wants to mod this for distance, feel free to research the many number of wifi/antenna mod threads in the FC40 forum ;p

Going from an FC40 wifi video vs connecting the gopro to an antenna... I can never go back.
But I will wait one more year until I upgrade. My P2 is barely getting used now due to where I moved, so I wont be sucked into the upgrade craze.

Honestly, can't wait for what the P4 turns out to be after DJI improves on the P3.

I'm at a trade show today where DJI is exhibiting (I'm a journalist at Outdoor Retailer). Walked right through their booth today didn't notice any literature on the S... I'll have to swing back by tonight and talk to them about it!

Reactions: dirkclod
if anyone wants to mod this for distance, feel free to research the many number of wifi/antenna mod threads in the FC40 forum ;p

Going from an FC40 wifi video vs connecting the gopro to an antenna... I can never go back.
But I will wait one more year until I upgrade. My P2 is barely getting used now due to where I moved, so I wont be sucked into the upgrade craze.

Honestly, can't wait for what the P4 turns out to be after DJI improves on the P3.

Seriously, this is this generation's FC40 lol (complete with red stickers and wifi!).

I think it's pretty cool they made sure to say something about way points and follow me. When do you think we'll have that for P3A and P3P?
from dji in responce why has the standard got follow me, point of interest etc and advance and pro don't ! Reply "The Standar does not yet have these features.
They are coming soon.
They will actually be available for all 3 Phantom 3 models and the Inspire 1.
We do not yet have an ETA on when the upgrade will be ready, but we were informed that it will be very soon."

Looks like a very solid drone, but if they sell the advanced with the 2k camera it would still be a much better deal. The enhanced range and light bridge are worth the extra $ for sure.

It seems like coming out all three at the same time giving users a choice between the three would have been better business wise but I'm sure logistics wise that might not have been an option. Non the less having a PS be a few hundred less may get more people to buy one and enjoy flying.

Hmmmm, pretty interesting that review said the rc wouldn't be able to hold a tablet. My eyes aren't that great so I need a tablet!

That review didn't exactly put a positive spin on the Standard...

I already printed on for the mini2. Just an adaptor for the cell phone holder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik