New Phantom 3 Standard: A New Horizon

Reaction score
Safe, easy, and fun to fly, the Phantom 3 Standard makes it possible for everyone to reach for the sky.

With an intuitive flight system, built-in camera, live HD view, and more, the Phantom 3 Standard gives you everything you need to fly.

DJI-Phantom3C-overview.jpg

AUTOMATIC FLIGHT ASSISTANT
DJI-Phantom3C-flightasist.JPG

Your Phantom 3 Standard stays stable and under your control at all times during flight. It automatically hovers and responds to your commands instantly.

YOUR FLYING CAMERA
DJI-Phantom3C-Camera.JPG

Record moments that you want to remember forever, and share those moments in an unforgettable way. The Phantom 3 Standard’s built-in camera captures sharp, vivid 2.7K HD video and 12 megapixel photos and has a built-in 3-axis stabilization gimbal.

A VIEW FROM ABOVE
DJI-Phantom3C-Viewabove.jpg

See exactly what your camera sees with a live HD video feed right on your mobile device. Frame your shots, watch the world below, and see everything from a new perspective.

INTUITIVE, POWERFUL FLIGHT
DJI-Phantom3C-flightpower.jpg

Enjoy the thrill of flight as you speed through the air. Powerful, responsive motors send your Phantom soaring exactly on the path you want. Stop in place, speed up, or fly higher in an instant.

ULTIMATE CONTROL
DJI-Phantom3C-Controller.JPG

Built specifically for the Phantom 3 Standard, this remote gives you full control of your aircraft and camera movement, a built-in rechargeable battery, and a range extender for up to a 0.5 miles (1km) range, making flying easy and fun.

UNIQUE MOBILE APP
DJI-Phantom3C-App.jpg

Snap photos and record videos at a tap with a mobile app that turns your device into a camera controller, flight cockpit, and more. The DJI GO app makes you feel as though the camera is right in your hands.

MORE FLYING, MORE FUN
DJI-Phantom3C-Moreflight.jpg

Fly for up to 25 minutes on a single charge. The patented DJI Intelligent Flight Battery continuously tells you exactly how long you can continue flying and alerts you when it’s time to head back.

LEARN MORE

So the main downgrade is the controller, but the camera is upgraded and 200 off price. Sounds like a win to me. 1080p is so passe, at least for aerial.

still dont understand why they made the camera with higher resolution than the advanced. kinda weird dont you think?

Reactions: Freebird1
still dont understand why they made the camera with higher resolution than the advanced. kinda weird dont you think?
Higher resolution doesn't mean better quality.
The critical part in picture quality (PQ) is the sensor size and the higher bitrate.
The phantom 2 vision plus had a poor sensor and 11mbs data rate for 1080p which resulted in artefacts.
I hope they have learnt from the P2V+.

25 min. battery time is nice. Wonder if the batts work with all P3s

25 min. battery time is nice. Wonder if the batts work with all P3s

Yes uses the same battery but is a little lighter and doesn't take as much power as a Lightbridge p3

Sorry guys I would have never started a new thread if I noticed this one.. Need to drink more coffee before posting!

Sorry guys I would have never started a new thread if I noticed this one.. Need to drink more coffee before posting!
Is alright blade ! We all have moments like that .
monker thumbup.gif

Reactions: jcknows0
That drone costs $500 less than the original P2V+. I was expecting it since the Pro and Adv models were announced back in April and an replacement for the old FC-40.

If they can do a decent software-based gimbal (like the one on the Bebop drone), expect another $150 price cut.

This a slap in the face those of us that purchased the P3A. I could care less about being able to fly past line of sight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think we could use our current controllers and then achieve 1.2 mile range?

Not sure. Probably not because the video systems are incompatible (wifi vs. lightbridge)

I think the range is also limited cause they use wifi for the video link.

Reactions: Kenneth VanMeter
Not sure. Probably not because the video systems are incompatible (wifi vs. lightbridge)

I think the range is also limited cause they use wifi for the video link.
Ah, that's part of the reason is so much less expensive.....

Do you think we could use our current controllers and then achieve 1.2 mile range?
Isn't the TX 5.8 on this one ? Seems like ya could Mod it .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair