New PH4 Pro V2.0 Props — WAY TIGHT!

Reaction score
I just received my new PH4 Pro V2.0 and the new props are SO TIGHT! In fact, I can't get one of them off. Anyone else having this issue? Will they loosen up after a few flights? Any suggestions on how to get my stuck prop off? One of the silver ones is on and now I can't get it off. Something isn't right. Not sure if it's the hub or just the props weren't manufactured correctly. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks! ???✨

Not much to add to this one. Just make sure that the prop is in the unlocked position and use some kind of plastic pry tool and work it off. Unlock position for silver is turned counterclockwise as shown on the prop.
I have several p4 style aircraft and have not run into the issue you are dealing with.
post results please.

Not much to add to this one. Just make sure that the prop is in the unlocked position and use some kind of plastic pry tool and work it off. Unlock position for silver is turned counterclockwise as shown on the prop.
I have several p4 style aircraft and have not run into the issue you are dealing with.
post results please.
Actually, I used a heat gun on low setting and 20" away from the prop hub to warm up the prop hub and expand it. That worked after a couple minutes of heat. Interestingly enough, I tried all the silver props included with the drone and they were all no going on at all. Thankfully, I purchased an additional pair of props and low-and-behold the silver prop in the boxed set went on and off perfectly. Go figure. I ordered an additional set of props to get another silver prop. That's just not right at all.

Actually, I used a heat gun on low setting and 20" away from the prop hub to warm up the prop hub and expand it. That worked after a couple minutes of heat. Interestingly enough, I tried all the silver props included with the drone and they were all no going on at all. Thankfully, I purchased an additional pair of props and low-and-behold the silver prop in the boxed set went on and off perfectly. Go figure. I ordered an additional set of props to get another silver prop. That's just not right at all.
Are you sure you had silver on silver and black on black,,is this original out the box,,check no one has put double silver prop mounts on ,,that sort of describes your issue,make sure it has 2 black,,,if you are going to run 4 silver make sure the leading edge is spinning same direction as arrow on the arm of p4p,,if not it tip or flip on start,,,few pictures would be good to see,,,now I'm sort of unsure if silver spins ccw or cw ,,,blade pitch might be opposite of the arrow if they 4 silver

I had a set of low-noise props on mine that were tight. They loosened up over time. I found that wrapping a piece of rubber around the motor helped give me the grip to loosen them.

I just received my new PH4 Pro V2.0 and the new props are SO TIGHT! In fact, I can't get one of them off. Anyone else having this issue? Will they loosen up after a few flights? Any suggestions on how to get my stuck prop off? One of the silver ones is on and now I can't get it off. Something isn't right. Not sure if it's the hub or just the props weren't manufactured correctly. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks! ???✨
Wow - exact same experience here as well this past Friday afternoon. Brand new shiny P4P V2 out of the package everything. Unwrapped from cellophane and put the first one on and it would not come back off.

Same with my brand new P4P v2. The props are way too tight! I have another original P4P and tried the new props on it and same results (too tight and hard to get off). When I placed on a different set of props from my other P4P, they fit perfectly. Not sure if the new props are a bad batch or not. I agree with other posts that they might loosen up after usage.

Reactions: Capt KO
Same with my brand new P4P v2. The props are way too tight! I have another original P4P and tried the new props on it and same results (too tight and hard to get off). When I placed on a different set of props from my other P4P, they fit perfectly. Not sure if the new props are a bad batch or not. I agree with other posts that they might loosen up after usage.
Order some new ones anyway,they pretty cheap and gives you spares,,,,I'm not really a fan of if its tight it might loosen up,,which part will loosen up ? The prop or the prop lock ! I would watch it carefully

Reactions: dronesky
Tolerances are tight but after several disconnect cycles the plastic will give and work easier. You need one hand to steady the motor and two hands to pull-n-wiggle the prop gently and evenly while counteracting the spring rotation against its stop...perhaps one hand to wiggle prop if it's gripped like a cork puller....

post results please.
If the prop went on, logic says it should come off even if tight. That is unless there's some mysterious new plastic that expands when spun, lol.

Take this from the bright side, you have no chance to lose them during the flight LOL.
Heating the props might be risky. I would not fly with such.
And now, this will be really stupid one - did you totally remove that tiny plastc over the central part of the prop before put them on?

Yes, correct Starz, they do remove , however they are very tight. Over time I am sure they will free up some more.
That seems to answer my curious question as to why a prop that went on would not come back off even if the fit was tight.

Are you sure you had silver on silver and black on black,,is this original out the box,,check no one has put double silver prop mounts on ,,that sort of describes your issue,make sure it has 2 black,,,if you are going to run 4 silver make sure the leading edge is spinning same direction as arrow on the arm of p4p,,if not it tip or flip on start,,,few pictures would be good to see,,,now I'm sort of unsure if silver spins ccw or cw ,,,blade pitch might be opposite of the arrow if they 4 silver
Hi
Please notice, that the people having theese issues with the props are not beginners. To speak for myself I had a phantom 4 advanced and I have a Mavic air which uses the same system. We know in which direction to turn the propellars. We know how to place them on the right motor and in which direction to turn to lock or unlock. I not writing this to be rude, but just to state that the problem is not with the users, but a DJI problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic