New P4P V2 Battery Signal Error

Reaction score
Hello-

My P4P v2.0 gimbal started to shake, sent it in to DJI, and they replaced the drone under warranty. Now the refurbished P4P V2.0 I received has a "Battery Signal Error" with all 4 batteries. I already made sure to update the firmware with each battery installed.

Important note - This only happens when I go full throttle. Either full throttle ascend or full throttle foward. Any suggestions outside of sending this drone back to DJI?

Thank you!
Eddie
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?ur...&text=New+P4P+V2+Battery+Signal+Error&via=DJI

Ok I find this reply on other post with same issue,,could also be bad sensor on battery catch,,"battery sensor error "....I did Google search and a few came up but this closest to a fix..good luck
Screenshot_20210214-164750_Chrome.jpg

Yeh I did think at first a firmware mismatch on the batteries but after reading this bit I circle below.
I can honestly say all phantoms I have and have owned I have never updated a battery,,,I know during firmware update it goes through things showing a % logo when install in progress,,I can remember the battery being part of it,,I'm however not 100 % sure if this process updates any battery inserted in the future, and then again I've never had any prompts to update a battery so presume it's done automatically through software ,,I've heard of people updating there battery but it's always sort of stumped me,I got no computer so no assistant 2 in my books but everything works fine,,,so hanging on the fence about batterys being different if not updated and stuck in a p4 to fly,I've brought battery from stores and just charge and fly no issues..
I'm no tecanogical brain surgeon so probably not know what I'm going on about but I never updated battery,,
If I really wrong with this please inform me so I know what I miss out on lol
Bottom line it's just my take on battery update
Confused myself
4 batterys, and at throttle only makes me point towards esc or 3 in 1 board but this drone is a replacement, it's not out of the blue to receive a faulty drone,its happen before here ,I think you should upload that flight here and others that can read software graphs might be able to pin point what happen under power,,
Screenshot_20210214-205515_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these batteries older than you P4P V2 ?
Same batteries I was using with my prior p4p V2 before sending it to DJI. All 4 have less than
Yeh I did think at first a firmware mismatch on the batteries but after reading this bit I circle below.
I can honestly say all phantoms I have and have owned I have never updated a battery,,,I know during firmware update it goes through things showing a % logo when install in progress,,I can remember the battery being part of it,,I'm however not 100 % sure if this process updates any battery inserted in the future, and then again I've never had any prompts to update a battery so presume it's done automatically through software ,,I've heard of people updating there battery but it's always sort of stumped me,I got no computer so no assistant 2 in my books but everything works fine,,,so hanging on the fence about batterys being different if not updated and stuck in a p4 to fly,I've brought battery from stores and just charge and fly no issues..
I'm no tecanogical brain surgeon so probably not know what I'm going on about but I never updated battery,,
If I really wrong with this please inform me so I know what I miss out on lol
Bottom line it's just my take on battery update
Confused myself
4 batterys, and at throttle only makes me point towards esc or 3 in 1 board but this drone is a replacement, it's not out of the blue to receive a faulty drone,its happen before here ,I think you should upload that flight here and others that can read software graphs might be able to pin point what happen under power,,
View attachment 121455
I did update the firmware on the batteries, after reading other posts with similar issues. It did not resolve the issue for me. I will try to upload flight log.

I received has a "Battery Signal Error" with all 4 batteries.
So this means the issue is not in batteries.

This only happens when I go full throttle. Either full throttle ascend or full throttle foward.
Then the issue is either:
- too large current draw - faulty motor? drone hacked to go outside of default parameters?
- not fully conductive contacts - someone touched the contacts with dirty/sweaty hands?
- induction/interference in cables - one of the cables is routed incorrectly, and causes inductive currents somewhere?

Either way, if it's under warranty, you should contact DJI.

So this means the issue is not in batteries.

Then the issue is either:
- too large current draw - faulty motor? drone hacked to go outside of default parameters?
- not fully conductive contacts - someone touched the contacts with dirty/sweaty hands?
- induction/interference in cables - one of the cables is routed incorrectly, and causes inductive currents somewhere?

Either way, if it's under warranty, you should contact DJI.
Will probably send it right back to them.

As mentioned, the proof is in the serial number. Speculation is just that.
DJI Support just confirmed its refurbish.... as suspected. No way they will be shipping out new drones. Its counter productive to a business model.

Good information. They do send out new drones at times. The model itself may be part of what determines what is sent. I sent in a mavic mini that had some issues and at some point it was replaced with a new unit, so it can happen. The V2 is probably a supply consideration. May be more refurbs available than new.

Reactions: Eddie8620
Serial number changed. Not sure if refurbished or new, but doubt it is new.
Ok serial number changed,,I think refurbished has a R towards the end of serial number,,,no R it might be new but something going on regardless

Agree,,
Wow the v2 are quite new aswell,if I got a drone back that not refurb or new since under warranty man I cant say those words here but you know how I would feel,
Definitely something going on so contact dji again and send it off ,
Just to tricky to try diagnose when you shouldn't have to,,not cheap and should work

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31