New P4P so of course it snows

Reaction score
Well, got my new P4P today and of course it snowed like crazy today in Colorado.

Read through the manuals a dozen times, upgraded FW, tweaked the app, charged the batteries, did a few basic checks and spun the motors by turning on. Tripod mode worked great!

Things look and sound ok and everything worked 100% without a hitch just like my sons P4.

Two more pro batteries arrive from B&H so I'll have 4 total. About all I could do is play with the case and get ready for a sunny day!

1ff98fdc703182b5ff5d99365bd65c84.jpg

Reactions: Neon Euc
Well, got my new P4P today and of course it snowed like crazy today in Colorado.

Read through the manuals a dozen times, upgraded FW, tweaked the app, charged the batteries, did a few basic checks and spun the motors by turning on. Tripod mode worked great!

Things look and sound ok and everything worked 100% without a hitch just like my sons P4.

Two more pro batteries arrive from B&H so I'll have 4 total. About all I could do is play with the case and get ready for a sunny day!

sideburn
Which case is that - It looks good - do you like it?

I got a Nanuk 945 case and don't like it so it's going back to B&H tomorrow.

Thanks!

:)

Joe

Last edited:
almost bought the same case and still may, if it's the one i'm thinking of it's the $200 hard case from B&H, definitely like the room, protection and "props stay on" style of it. VN

EDIT: so yeah I went back and just searched on BH website for "phantom 4 pro case" and there is a wheels on and wheels off version

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The Nanuk 945 I bought was good quality - nice and compact but I do not like the P4P legs sitting hard on the case with no padding protection.

This HPRC one is quite a bit bigger but I guess this is what it takes to have room to protect it??

Joe

sideburn
Which case is that - It looks good - do you like it?

I got a Nanuk 945 case and don't like it so it's going back to B&H tomorrow.

Thanks!

Joe

Hey Joe, it is from B&H (item number HP2700WPHA4). I'm super picky about cases and the quality with which their made. I picked this based on reviews and the fact that props stay on. I could not be happier with it. The case itself is very solid, latches on 3 sides close positively. The foam is softer inside but the top is harder, making for a rigid dual texture feeling. The P4P fits like a glove and all the storage is very well thought out. I'm very impressed with how well its made and at the price of $200.

I could not recommend it more. You'll not be dissapointed.

almost bought the same case and still may, if it's the one i'm thinking of it's the $200 hard case from B&H, definitely like the room, protection and "props stay on" style of it. VN

EDIT: so yeah I went back and just searched on BH website for "phantom 4 pro case" and there is a wheels on and wheels off version

You got it. I opted for wheels and I'm glad I did. The handle is great. Overall it is quite light still, so you can carry if you need to, but I figured why not have the option if I travel.

Thanks for the info - Looks great - going to consider switching to this one.

Joe

I feel you [emoji23] got mine 3 days ago and since that day it rain 2 days and on the 3rd day today we are expecting snow with fog and fully cloudy sky [emoji23] is it a sign to return the drone? Jk Jk

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Beautiful case you got here ! Do you happen to have the exact dimmensions of it ? I wonder if it would fit in a large moutain backpack.
But then maybe a case with props unmounted would take less space !

That makes me thinking : how well does the DJI original case perform in terms of solidity and protection for the p4p ?

By the way, I got mine two days ago and it's snowing and freezing outside too - can't wait for the weather to clear out so I can finally test it !

HPRC PHA4-2700W Hard Case with Wheels for DJI Phantom 4 / Phantom 4 Pro / Phantom 4 Pro+
Model Number
B&H # HP2700WPHA4
Manufacturer #
Interior Dimensions Overall: 21.85 x 18.1 x 10.08" / 555 x 460 x 256 mm
Lid: 1.81" / 46 mm
Bottom: 8.27" / 210 mm
Temperature -40 to 176°F / -40 to 80°C
Exterior Dimensions 24.41 x 20.67 x 11.02" / 620 x 525 x 280 mm
Weight 19.22 lb / 8.72 kg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Beautiful case you got here ! Do you happen to have the exact dimmensions of it ? I wonder if it would fit in a large moutain backpack.
But then maybe a case with props unmounted would take less space !

That makes me thinking : how well does the DJI original case perform in terms of solidity and protection for the p4p ?

By the way, I got mine two days ago and it's snowing and freezing outside too - can't wait for the weather to clear out so I can finally test it !

It's pretty big. Rumrunner posted the specs in another post, so you can review that. I think the case that comes with the drone would be better for a backpack and I think it would hold up fine. I wanted something I can take to the parks and other local areas without having to assemble everything and so I could have everything all in one box. It might be nice for travel too. Very solid, so it should be able to handle the airport machines.

It's pretty big. Rumrunner posted the specs in another post, so you can review that. I think the case that comes with the drone would be better for a backpack and I think it would hold up fine. I wanted something I can take to the parks and other local areas without having to assemble everything and so I could have everything all in one box. It might be nice for travel too. Very solid, so it should be able to handle the airport machines.

When you say "handle the airport machines", you mean passing it as classic luggage going in the cargo hold of the plane ?

I've read a few threads where people says that it's way safer to travel with it in cabin - but maybe your case would be strong enought to really protect it (if the box get tossed around for example, as it often occurs in airports).

Anyway regarding batteries, it seems that most airlines won't allow lipo into cargo hold - and most people says it's fine to travel with the batteries in cabin.
However I find that strange because a lipo in a cabin might do some serious damage ! But hey, at least we can travel with the drone, so I'm ok with it

Snowfall works for me if cold enough. Even quite heavy snowfall. Turn off Of. all the best!

Anyway regarding batteries, it seems that most airlines won't allow lipo into cargo hold - and most people says it's fine to travel with the batteries in cabin.
However I find that strange because a lipo in a cabin might do some serious damage ! But hey, at least we can travel with the drone, so I'm ok with it

Strange? Seems logical to me. If a battery catches fire you know about it right away and it can be put out. In the cargo hold nothing can be done, the plane catches fire [emoji91].

Reactions: sideburn

Here's another case option that I've tested for over a year now...
Ph001.png

This is made by CaseClub - waterproof, lockable, extending handle, and very spacious with room for everything. I put it through real testing over the past year of shooting - it's been dragged through all different types of terrains and held up perfectly. I'm a big fan of the 'props-on' design maximizing efficiency on shooting locations. It doubles as a great launching pad when you're in touch terrain. I liked it so much, I bought another for the P4P.
Ph002.png

use also the HPRC HP2700WPHA4
its great, and places my ipad too

Here's another case option that I've tested for over a year now...
View attachment 72625
This is made by CaseClub - waterproof, lockable, extending handle, and very spacious with room for everything. I put it through real testing over the past year of shooting - it's been dragged through all different types of terrains and held up perfectly. I'm a big fan of the 'props-on' design maximizing efficiency on shooting locations. It doubles as a great launching pad when you're in touch terrain. I liked it so much, I bought another for the P4P.
View attachment 72626
I've got two case clubs also, one with props on and one with props off to carry on my Harley, its slightly smaller and no wheels.
edit: they both have 5 slots for extra batteries !

Reactions: AerialZ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72