New P4P, unpacked, charged and updated

Reaction score
OK, so having already unpacked and charged all the batteries and tested them, I packed all the items into the hard-backpack case and a small laptop case. The hard case carries all that is needed for flight, including 3 batteries, with on in the bird. I have a total of 4 P4P flight batteries.

I am using a Samsung 10.1" Tab 4 with WIFI, GPS and Cellular coverage. This required a 3d printed extension for the phone bracket, this arrived and after making a hole for the USB cable, it works great! I also got a shade for the 10" tablet, it also works very well, no issues. The DJI software installed and worked without a hitch.

Now, it was time to hook up the equipment, turn it on and update. To prepare for this, I watched a couple of setup videos, but they were not helpful. I had installed the latest DJI Pr0 4 software, when it fired up, there were differences.

First, it linked then said it wanted to update the bird. Now I had seen in videos to do the hand controller first, but it wanted to do the bird, so following instructions, I disconnected, but left on the hand controller, and plugged the tablet into the bird using the supplied short adapter cable. It updated the bird, no problem, stayed a 99 % a minute, then beeped and did something then rebooted and declare success.

Now I check the DJI software and it now shows an update button, I click it and it says it will update the hand controller now, so the tablet is once again connected to the controller. I click the update, it runs and again, declares all is well. I turn all off and restart. All come up, software says latest update installed and all is wonderful.

Now comes the next odd part, unlike the videos I watched, when I restarted the software, there was no (Details) button next to the (Normal) on the Compass, when I went to recalibrate as shown in the vide. I suppose there must be some difference in software or something, it was a P4P that was being unpacked and setup.

Now I need to look into the calibration for this one, I will look for other videos that might be more current. But I know that from what I saw and read, the P4P requires revolving it, not tilting it as shown it the videos I watched. I did watch one that showed the guy turning in a circle while holding the bird in two different positions, this I think is the correct method.

I will be going up to the mountain for a few days, starting tomorrow, got to take some more images with my telescope. I will continue with the setup when I return.

I have to admit, this is a very well made and incredibly attractive piece of kit!
BQ

Congrats on purchasing your new $ P4P....be careful.
I intend to use common sense and my trainer for sure, prior to lift off. Only thing, I have to get it in the air before 30 days, in case of problems, so I can return it if that is necessary. I plan to take it up after a number of flights with my trainer drone, which is expendable, and suprisingly rugged.

We have wide open flat space where I can practice, so I will keep everyone abreast of my progress.
BQ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik