new p4p - Is the sudden braking normal?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29014

Just purchased a new P4 PRO V 2.0. The thing brakes hard! I can make pretty smooth stops with my P3P and I1P (with gentle stick release input) but the P4P slams the brakes hard regardless of my stick input.
Is this normal?

Reactions: pa2x
Maybe....but adjust your braking in the app.........Not sure why but the P4's for some reason have more issues than any other model....from what I have seen.

You can adjust the sensitivity of the brake in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Brake.jpg

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
To be honest I never alter no settings I have found with the p4 if starts getting unsmooth on start stop I calibrate sticks again,you should be able to do a search and find what factory is set at,,if different then I would change but be ready to reverse in case stopping to slow especially around non open area,I would start at the sticks ;)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
What brake settings are you all using?
I am using standard but I do notice it can throw the gimbal around a bit.

Last edited:
Frustrating! Especially when it’s windy. The gimbal bounces around and often screws up your shot

Reactions: pa2x
What brake settings are you all using?
I am using standard but I do notice it can throw the gimbal around a bit.
What do you mean by "throw the gimbal around a bit"?
I posted a video of my p4p2.0. The camera shakes when I brake, no matter how slow/fast I fly and no matter what the brake settings are. Never experienced that issue with my p4adv. Had to send it to DJI for repair. They sent it back just as faulty and now they no longer respond to my emails to DJI support.

I get that too unfortunately I came from a Mavic Pro, which was rock solid in the air (but the camera was crap), to the phantom 4 Pro 2 (but the gimbal is crap). Best thing to do is fly it when there is no wind and make all your motions smooth and buttery.

I have the same issue with my P4P V2.0!!!
My previous Phantom 4 Standard didn’t have such a problem.

Last edited:
One way to work around the braking issue is to film in ATTI mode. Instead of suddenly braking when you come off the throttle, it will coast. This can make for very smooth and cinematic footage.

You also need to adjust the Gimbal's pitch. The horizon is tilted down a few degrees on the right.

Bud

What do you mean by "throw the gimbal around a bit"?
I posted a video of my p4p2.0. The camera shakes when I brake, no matter how slow/fast I fly and no matter what the brake settings are. Never experienced that issue with my p4adv. Had to send it to DJI for repair. They sent it back just as faulty and now they no longer respond to my emails to DJI support.

Yes, I was a bit surprized about that braking when I switched from P3A to P4P.
But it has a reason of course. The P4P is a bit faster than P3.. Without that braking maneuver when you left the stick the drone could make a pretty long distance until it stops. At full speed that might be near 50m and so it can hit the object you intend to stop in front of it. That's normal braking. But when you slow the drone easy and gently it will not brake at all! If your drone do that even then this is not normal! Then adjusting the 'brakes' is reasonable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj