new P3s, some questions that could help a lot.

Reaction score
SO, i just got a phantom 3 standard, (whoop whoop!) and i have some questions: The gimbal makes a slight buzzing noise, its very quiet, but i am not sure if its supposed to make that sound! How do i calibrate the compass with the gimbal on? it wants to stay level when i do the vertical movement and I'm worried about damaging it.

thanks,
Nate

The gimbal makes a slight buzzing noise, its very quiet, but i am not sure if its supposed to make that sound!
Please post a video so we can hear what you're describing.

How do i calibrate the compass with the gimbal on?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ok, so i got the calibration to work. i just took it for its first flight, cruising around flying fine, than all of the sudden the video feed cuts out, than reconnects than disconnects again and doesn't come back. i still had control of the drone through the controller, but not the app. i tried to land and the method of both sticks into the bottom right and left corners didn't work? and had to have a buddy grab it and than it quit flying with that same method one more time. when i lost signal, i was 30 feet away.

and also, the app keeps pushing for a update for the firmware, should i do it? or will it make it more buggy?

i tried to land and the method of both sticks into the bottom right and left corners didn't work?
Hold the left stick down until the motors shut off. If you do a CSC to shut down the motors, your Phantom might tip over if you don't do it exactly as shown in the Phantom manual. If you're not able to start the motors with a CSC, you should calibrate the remote controller in DJI GO.

than all of the sudden the video feed cuts out, than reconnects than disconnects again and doesn't come back
What kind of mobile device are you using?

Hold the left stick down until the motors shut off. If you do a CSC to shut down the motors, your Phantom might tip over if you don't do it exactly as shown in the Phantom manual. If you're not able to start the motors with a CSC, you should calibrate the remote controller in DJI GO.

thats exactly what happened. it tipped over and headed for the garage door, luckily i recovered it and got it back in the air quickly.

What kind of mobile device are you using?
Im using and Apple iPod touch 6th gen (newest model). It the only device i have that can run dji go, it seems to do it pretty smoothly.

Im using and Apple iPod touch 6th gen (newest model). It the only device i have that can run dji go, it seems to do it pretty smoothly.
somehow i put this in the quote. thats exactly what happened. it tipped over and headed for the garage door, luckily i recovered it and got it back in the air quickly.

the problem is that i don't want to spend a ton more cash on a phone, so i guess I'm busted.

also what i don't understand, is that on that list is they say iPhone 5s, an iPod touch 6 is more powerful than that, its barely slower than a 6.

also what i don't understand, is that on that list is they say iPhone 5s, an iPod touch 6 is more powerful than that, its barely slower than a 6.
yeah i just checked, an iPhone 5, runs on an A7 processing chip, while an iPod 6, uses an A8 64-bit.

the problem is that i don't want to spend a ton more cash on a phone, so i guess I'm busted.
Depending on what you may be willing to pay I'll share some devices I've used in my search for something that runs the app fine and not a piggy bank buster lol. The absolute cheapest I found that actually ran dji go flawlessly was a cheap rca Voyager 2 tab from Walmart. I read on one of the plantom forums that it works well and surprisingly it performed great, now the two downsides with it. The tab is cheap and as a result the display is not that great of quality it never lagged out on me but the quality of the display wasn't on par with tabs that run hundreds of dollars, and two it doesn't have GPS so things like follow me mode etc won't work . Other than that it performed great no video cut out or lag issues and it only costs $50. Next is the Samsung galaxy sky. It's a pre-paid phone at Walmart fir straight talk. Uses dji go with zero issues no video lag fpv quality is clear I still use it to this day when using go app(only have go app on this device) downside is small screen 4.5 inches, may not be available at all walmarts, cost $120. Next up is nvidea shield k1. Absolute beast of a tab runs litchi flawless no video issues or cut outs chews through battery pretty fast though and takes awhile to fully charge lol cost $199. Last up is galaxy s5, found this device at Walmart with their prepaids for T-Mobile. I picked it up to use with litchi fpv with vr goggles as my phone didn't have a gyroscope in it. Found it for $159 never hooked up cell service just use it for phantom. Those are the devices that I've used and can recommend as never having issues with latency crashes video loss etc and all are under $200. Like I said not sure what you may be willing to pay for a new device but they are all reasonably priced. Side note I tried Acer iconia tab 8 and don't recommend it I returned it and got the nvidia shield. The shield was only $20 more and lightyears ahead of the Acer. I had nothing but frustration with the Acer lol. The ones I recommended all ran dji go flawlessly although I only run it on the galaxy sky now as I use litchi mostly these days. Hope this is helpful. Happy flying

Reactions: Nate-xt
Depending on what you may be willing to pay I'll share some devices I've used in my search for something that runs the app fine and not a piggy bank buster lol. The absolute cheapest I found that actually ran dji go flawlessly was a cheap rca Voyager 2 tab from Walmart. I read on one of the plantom forums that it works well and surprisingly it performed great, now the two downsides with it. The tab is cheap and as a result the display is not that great of quality it never lagged out on me but the quality of the display wasn't on par with tabs that run hundreds of dollars, and two it doesn't have GPS so things like follow me mode etc won't work . Other than that it performed great no video cut out or lag issues and it only costs $50. Next is the Samsung galaxy sky. It's a pre-paid phone at Walmart fir straight talk. Uses dji go with zero issues no video lag fpv quality is clear I still use it to this day when using go app(only have go app on this device) downside is small screen 4.5 inches, may not be available at all walmarts, cost $120. Next up is nvidea shield k1. Absolute beast of a tab runs litchi flawless no video issues or cut outs chews through battery pretty fast though and takes awhile to fully charge lol cost $199. Last up is galaxy s5, found this device at Walmart with their prepaids for T-Mobile. I picked it up to use with litchi fpv with vr goggles as my phone didn't have a gyroscope in it. Found it for $159 never hooked up cell service just use it for phantom. Those are the devices that I've used and can recommend as never having issues with latency crashes video loss etc and all are under $200. Like I said not sure what you may be willing to pay for a new device but they are all reasonably priced. Side note I tried Acer iconia tab 8 and don't recommend it I returned it and got the nvidia shield. The shield was only $20 more and lightyears ahead of the Acer. I had nothing but frustration with the Acer lol. The ones I recommended all ran dji go flawlessly although I only run it on the galaxy sky now as I use litchi mostly these days. Hope this is helpful. Happy flying
Thanks for the list! For now I'm going to stick with the iPod, and i kinda think that a apple iPod touch has to be faster than a 50 dollar rca tablet. eventually I'm going to upgrade to something really nice like the nvidia.
Heres a pic i actually just took this morning.

Attachments

• DJI_0010 2.JPG
    DJI_0010 2.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 401

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers