New P3S owner!

Reaction score
Well, finally!! I bought it from Wal-Mart yesterday. I've had a lot of fun with it so far. Living in city limits, I don't want to invade to a degree if ya know what I mean lol. Flying around in the yard, and looking around our city at a decent high was pretty awesome. Went to a family members house outside of the city.. we took it up pretty decent. It was a sunset so it was even more awesome!

I'm already looking to save for a P4Pro!! I saw one in the market section but I'm not quite there for that price yet. There might be a newer model out by the time I can get the money together for P4Pro.

Looking through this section for tips and different ideas. Loving it so far. Wish I had done this sooner.

Congrats on your new P3S!

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Welcome to the The Wonderful world of " Droning ". and being able to take to the skys above to fly and take wonderful airborne pictures ! read that manuel and re read that manuel....and its always best to set your drone down at home or where you fly at and look it over good like check props for being snugged down tight (snugged only) ect...and when you shove that battery in Always BE SURE it "clicks" in place....when my drone was new...when i shoved that battery in....I found it not clicking in place as it was new and had a slight bind ...OH it's been in and out now over 20s times and slips right in and locks too...Have fun and we all are here for your every question So ask away !

I'm new myself I purchased mine Dec 11th. The biggest things I could recommend is read manual and there is also a lot of info on YouTube. I added the gimble guard and the ARGTEK range extender. I learn something new almost everytime I fly.I love this drone it is my first however it will not be my last. One more thing scout the area good look for power lines because I almost got in to some when I was filming a rail road bridge. I didn't notice them before take off and only saw them when I was editing afterwards.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Late in the evening....them low single tiny tree limbs are very hard to see too !......Flight with care always aware !

Yes, stay away for Phantom Magnets (Trees), they don't move out of the way, they usually win in a fight.

Rod

Just got mine a few months ago. My wife said owning a drone is like the old story “ give a mouse a cookie then he’ll ask for milk “ and on and on lol. First the drone then a case then a tablet to see better and on and on. Thank goodness my wife is so accommodating. Welcome to the addiction. Lots of very knowledgeable on this form. Helped me a lot already. Enjoy

Remember to open a separate VISA card for all your extra purchases; spare props, prop guards, prop balancer, gimbal guard, gimbal clamp, ND filter to protect the camera lens, variable ND filter for those really sunny days, extra batteries, Litchi app for autonomous missions, metal case, back-pack, tablet, even brighter tablet, even faster and brighter tablet, even faster, bigger, brighter tablet, bracket to mount the giant tablet, sun-shade, wide rim hat to help shade your screen, black shirt to reduce screen glare, anti-glare film for your tablet, range extender, extra remote in case you break the first remote installing the range extender, editing software, LUTs to color grade your video, on-line courses from Phantom Film School, bright yellow and blue landing pad.

Find a friend who will accept deliveries or have everything shipped to your work place. You will also want a large garage with hiding places for all of this stuff.

Enjoy!

Remember to open a separate VISA card for all your extra purchases; spare props, prop guards, prop balancer, gimbal guard, gimbal clamp, ND filter to protect the camera lens, variable ND filter for those really sunny days, extra batteries, Litchi app for autonomous missions, metal case, back-pack, tablet, even brighter tablet, even faster and brighter tablet, even faster, bigger, brighter tablet, bracket to mount the giant tablet, sun-shade, wide rim hat to help shade your screen, black shirt to reduce screen glare, anti-glare film for your tablet, range extender, extra remote in case you break the first remote installing the range extender, editing software, LUTs to color grade your video, on-line courses from Phantom Film School, bright yellow and blue landing pad.

Find a friend who will accept deliveries or have everything shipped to your work place. You will also want a large garage with hiding places for all of this stuff.

Enjoy!
Ha! I will do all of this and simply tell her that it's required lol.

Welcome to the forum, and to an enjoyable and addicting sport. As highly recommended by others above, read the manual, understand how to properly operate your drone, and most of all, what it's limits are. All of that should help you avoid becoming another, "I just crashed my drone doing something stupid", casualty. Happy flying.

Congrats on the new bird! I'm hoping to post one of these threads soon myself. Currently I've been flying a couple toy grade drones (and a buddy has let me have a few flights on his P3S) an X5C clone and a WLToys Q303A for a year now. It is an addiction as everyone says.

Is there a way to record audio? I know the drone itself doesn't record audio, but is there a way to do it on the iPad/iPhone while recording video via the drone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20