New P3P

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just purchased a new phantom 3 professional for $750 from a DJI authorized seller. Did I make a good choice (is that a good price)?

I was wanting to go with the phantom 3 advanced but the best price I could find was 700ish so I figured it was worth the extra $50 to go with the professional.

I am new to the drone world, is it a terrible idea to start with this drone or should I get a cheap $50 drone to practice?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hello all,

I just purchased a new phantom 3 professional for $750 from a DJI authorized seller. Did I make a good choice (is that a good price)?

I was wanting to go with the phantom 3 advanced but the best price I could find was 700ish so I figured it was worth the extra $50 to go with the professional.

I am new to the drone world, is it a terrible idea to start with this drone or should I get a cheap $50 drone to practice?

Sounds like the dealer made a good profit in that one.

What extras were included?

~$750 or ~$900 with an extra battery is what many authorized DJI dealers are selling P3Ps for right now.

You've got a great drone that's very capable and you'll be able to do plenty with it.
Although lots of people might recommend a cheap trainer drone, none are going to be as easy to fly as your P3.
It's more important to learn as much as you can about how the P3 works and what you have to do to make sure that none of the many things that can ho wrong do.

I bought it off amazon, it came with:

• Aircraft Body (1)
  • Remote Controller (1)
  • Propeller Pairs (4)
  • Intelligent Flight Battery (1)
  • Battery Charger (1)
  • Power Cable (1)
  • Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced Safety Guidelines and Disclaimer (Manual)
  • Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines (Manual)
  • Phantom 3 Professional Quick Start Guide (Manual)
  • Gimbal Clamp (1)
  • Vibration Absorbers (4)
  • 16GB Micro-SD Card (1)
  • Micro-USB Cable (1)
  • Anti-drop Kit (2)
  • Landing Pads (4)
  • Propeller Wrench (1)
  • Stickers (5 - Gold, Silver, Red, Blue, Pink)

extra battery cost around 100, but I was planning on waiting for a deal on one.

y'all think that this is a bad deal? I still have time to cancel the order...

It seems a good price. You research and haggle before you buy (at least most people do) if your interested in screwing the most out of a deal you can.

Fly it and enjoy it. And order your extra batteries now, you will need them.

My earlier comment was '-p, sorry. I do find it amusing people worry about if they paid too much after they hand over the money or sign the contract. I just watched a mate who will spend weeks and dozens of phone calls on the bosses time to save $50 and it does my head in. He cancelled the accessories he had negotiated in a $150k car last effort as he was convinced he could get them elsewhere cheaper. Now he is grovelling back at the dealership because the best price he can get is more than originally offered and the dealer won't do it for him now.

We Almost always see a better price soon after we buy something. That's the way it works.

Happy flying!

A little more back story.... I'm a active duty 2nd lieutenant in the army but I am in limbo right now and could be waiting 6+ months until I start training and start getting payed.

I was thinking that I could make some money free lancing doing aerial footage for surveying/energy/real estate/etc for some money on the side or at least enough to pay for the drone (I have enough saved, this would just be for spending money)

The point of the story is, do y'all think I should wait until black friday deals or is 750 decent enough price so that I can get started practicing flying/editing footage/etc. and hopefully make a little $ earlier. Plus I'm getting married in december and going to aruba for our honeymoon....how I convinced my fiance' so we could use the drone on our honeymoon and possibly our wedding ;) So I want time to practice before that as well.

Again, thank y'all for the advice, I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Hello all,

IMO, you made an excellent choice, I am biased though, because I have a P3P and love it. I paid $799 for mine and thought it was a heck of a deal. That was 6 months ago. You beat me by $50. You would have to look very hard to find one less than $750 so you got a good price. It is a ton of fun and I enjoy flying it. That being said, do I want a Mavic? Absolutely. Will I sell my P3P and put that money towards a Mavic? I don't think so. I would love to have two toys to play with, I like the P3P that much. Just my 2 cents.

Paul

The point of the story is, do y'all think I should wait until black friday deals or is 750 decent enough price
That's probably the best deal you're going to find right now from an authorized DJI dealer. DJI always runs deals around Christmas time, but they don't always lower the price. They sometimes just throw in extras like a free battery or backpack.

A little more back story.... I'm a active duty 2nd lieutenant in the army but I am in limbo right now and could be waiting 6+ months until I start training and start getting payed.

I was thinking that I could make some money free lancing doing aerial footage for surveying/energy/real estate/etc for some money on the side or at least enough to pay for the drone (I have enough saved, this would just be for spending money)

The point of the story is, do y'all think I should wait until black friday deals or is 750 decent enough price so that I can get started practicing flying/editing footage/etc. and hopefully make a little $ earlier. Plus I'm getting married in december and going to aruba for our honeymoon....how I convinced my fiance' so we could use the drone on our honeymoon and possibly our wedding ;) So I want time to practice before that as well.

Again, thank y'all for the advice, I really appreciate it!
Pull the trigger! Price is decent and you can spend you whole life waiting for something better to come along!
As far as making money, check all of the threads and comments on that subject on this forum. Especially the license and registration requirements for commercial flying. It's a "no-no" unless you have the proper paperwork.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20