New P3P owner

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. I have built and flown RC aircraft and helicopters for several years and also RC cars. Haven't done much lately as the dust is accumulating on them. I also sail and follow a few cruising folks. One of them is using a quad-copter to film his travels and that got me interested in them. Started doing research on this forum and elsewhere and got very excited with the Inspire. I was seriously thinking of dishing out the $3k but regained control of myself and decided to try the Phantom. Bought my P3P from Amazon on their store card. I received the new model (W323A/GL300B FW1.3.20) I believe, and flew my first short flight. It was breezy last Sunday but I was surprised how steady the thing hovered, nothing at all like my Trex, and hands free at that. Yesterday loaded the new firmware without a hitch and hope to fly alot more this weekend and get familiar with using the camera. Glad there is so much info here on this thing.
Cheers,
Doug

Welcome to Phantom Pilots :)

And, enjoy your P3P. It's an amazing machine!

You will love your phantom. Had mine 2 months and can't get enough of it.

I love mine. Even when I'm out with the wife riding the Goldwing, I'm always looking for places to fly.

Just wanted to say hi. I have built and flown RC aircraft and helicopters for several years and also RC cars. Haven't done much lately as the dust is accumulating on them. I also sail and follow a few cruising folks. One of them is using a quad-copter to film his travels and that got me interested in them. Started doing research on this forum and elsewhere and got very excited with the Inspire. I was seriously thinking of dishing out the $3k but regained control of myself and decided to try the Phantom. Bought my P3P from Amazon on their store card. I received the new model (W323A/GL300B FW1.3.20) I believe, and flew my first short flight. It was breezy last Sunday but I was surprised how steady the thing hovered, nothing at all like my Trex, and hands free at that. Yesterday loaded the new firmware without a hitch and hope to fly alot more this weekend and get familiar with using the camera. Glad there is so much info here on this thing.
Cheers,
Doug
Cheers and Welcome-- you can now see what the eagles see:D:D

Well Come On In, to the Forum, enjoy the Phantom and all it offers.

Yes, soar like an eagle, And see the Eagles, as they are seeing us. . .
Ah, it doesn't get any better than this. ;-)
image.jpeg

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker

Well Come On In, to the Forum, enjoy the Phantom and all it offers.

Yes, soar like an eagle, And see the Eagles, as they are seeing us. . .
Ah, it doesn't get any better than this. ;-)
View attachment 35626

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker
Did you take that pic:D

No not I, Bob. Ah, please go and visit www.dronestagram.com ...
Plenty more awesome pics and vids as well, where that came from. Enjoy.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl