New P3A is having problems.

Reaction score
Hey everybody! New here and my first post. I hope I can get some help here. No luck anywhere else. This is not my first quad/drone. My first was the Blade350qx. What a huge difference in the two.

I went to RCGroups and they were no help. Then I went to Dji and they said to do the update which I did. The aircraft was a success. When I did the TX, I got no indication the firmware was installing. I took the card out and put it back in the pc. It said it had the latest update. Thought that was strange.

I am using an android based droid turbo.

First problem, the pilot app locks up sometimes.
Second problem, I don't always get a picture from the camera on my phone.
Third problem, when I do get video on the phone and I press the video start button, it acts like it is recording. I can't play back the video on the phone. When I put the card in the pc, it's there.

I don't think I left anything out. Very frustrated! About ready to take this thing back.

Thanks for any help!

The TX does not need updating which is why you got no indication of it. The other problems could be a phone issue. It sounds like everything is working correctly.

I had a phone issue with one Android, until I update my android app. If you are running an older android, that may be problematic. Borrow someone's with a different brand and see if it works. I have and HTC One and and IPad Air and the appropriate app works on each properly

I have a new droid turbo which is new to me and I think it's only been out for maybe a year now.

I just turned everything on and now the status lights flash red and yellow. It hasn't done that before.

Check the P3 manual-- it gives you a guide on the flashing lights and what they mean.

I have a new droid turbo which is new to me and I think it's only been out for maybe a year now.

I just turned everything on and now the status lights flash red and yellow. It hasn't done that before.
I use a Turbo as a backup device and it works perfectly. It sounds like you don't fully understand how the app works. It doesn't automatically download anything to your device, you have to enable caching, which only does videos, and for photos you have to press the play button on the tx (with the bird on) and select the ones you want to view and transfer to your device. I know the manual sucks regarding the app but there are a few posts about this topic on this forum. But I can assure you there's nothing wrong with your bird or device, just need to learn how to work them.

The turbo should run the app no problem. Did you download the app from the play store? If so, delete it and download the one directly from DJI in the download section.
Make sure you have USB debugging turned on.
If there's an error the app will tell you what the problem is.

Uninstalled app from google play and installed the one from dji.
The camera faces down now.

The camera faces down now. Uninstalled app from google play and installed the one from dji.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic