NEW OR SECONDHAND?

Reaction score
OK WHEN BUYING A NEW DRONE P3P YOU ARE COVERED BY CERTAIN MANUFACTURES WARRENTY ETC.WHEN BUYING SECONDHAND WHAT SHOULD YOU BE LOOKING OUT FOR IS THERE CERTAIN THINGS YOU SHOULD STAY CLEAR OF OR ARE THE PHANTOMS PRETTY BOMB PROOF THANKYOU TO ANYONE WHO CAN ADVISE

OK WHEN BUYING A NEW DRONE P3P YOU ARE COVERED BY CERTAIN MANUFACTURES WARRENTY ETC.WHEN BUYING SECONDHAND WHAT SHOULD YOU BE LOOKING OUT FOR IS THERE CERTAIN THINGS YOU SHOULD STAY CLEAR OF OR ARE THE PHANTOMS PRETTY BOMB PROOF THANKYOU TO ANYONE WHO CAN ADVISE
bought one off here from member works awesome no complaints

These are flying toys and buying second hand is always risky.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Good tips above. If your new to these then buy new. I have been building my less techy quads for a few years and understand the basics pretty well.

You can get some great deals buying used though. I picked up a P3A with extra battery, hard shell back pack, set of Polar Pro ND filters, Sun shield, USB cables for $500. It was as new as the seller described. Had 6 flights.

If you can find a deal locally you can inspect it for damage/abuse and have the seller fly it if possible to show it all works well.

Good tips above. If your new to these then buy new. I have been building my less techy quads for a few years and understand the basics pretty well.

You can get some great deals buying used though. I picked up a P3A with extra battery, hard shell back pack, set of Polar Pro ND filters, Sun shield, USB cables for $500. It was as new as the seller described. Had 6 flights.

If you can find a deal locally you can inspect it for damage/abuse and have the seller fly it if possible to show it all works well.
Good point re local opportunity and seeing the seller fly.

Reactions: MK-SPARKS
as far as I can see the only mechanical parts on the phantom are the motors how durable are they and what is the life expectancy of them . Has anyone had a motor fail?

If you are buying second hand, why not take a look at the P4? I've seen a few good deals around lately (propably due to the Mavic). The P4 is a bit more durable and safe, With dual Compass / dual IMU, more protected against rain / dust and so on... Anyway, whatever Phantom you choose, You should be fine as long as it haven't been crashed. They seem to be quite durable and well built.

If you are buying second hand, why not take a look at the P4? I've seen a few good deals around lately (propably due to the Mavic). The P4 is a bit more durable and safe, With dual Compass / dual IMU, more protected against rain / dust and so on... Anyway, whatever Phantom you choose, You should be fine as long as it haven't been crashed. They seem to be quite durable and well built.
IT is proving to be a bit more difficult than I first thought in choosing

The trick is working out what you want first (model) followed by researching common issues and how to identify them. All you are left with then is understanding what the going market price is before you look for a deal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20