New or old motors phantom 3

the new motors fly quieter in definitely, perform better (around 2 minutes longer in general). if u still get the old motors model nowadays, it is most likely a refurbished one. what do u think all the good remaining parts goes to when u send your drone for repairing and get the new one back (or refurbished again)?

Hi chaps hows everyone.just like to say love the site .love reading all about your drones but have a problem.purchased my phantom 3 advanced 2 weeks ago with old motors .been in touch with the shop i purchased from and they said i can swap it for one with new motors .my problem is what do i do swap for new motors or stay with old ones just dont no.
i have had old phantom motors and now I have the new ones! and I have to say swap now! if u really can! don't lose the chance for get a real better perform...

If you don't plan on updating, then the old motors and firmware could be useful. But to me, I would think that they would have an even lower price on the older phantoms now with the old motors being that the new ones have been out for well over 6 months now.

the new motors fly quieter in definitely, perform better (around 2 minutes longer in general). if u still get the old motors model nowadays, it is most likely a refurbished one. what do u think all the good remaining parts goes to when u send your drone for repairing and get the new one back (or refurbished again)?

Most of the noise comes from the props cutting through the air. Certainly much more then from the electric motors. The new motors have a much higher pitched noise to them.

If you would like to post _any_ documentation/supports for the new motors running 2 minutes longer I'd _love_ to see it.

If you'd like to show any supports that it's more likely a refurbished Phantom rather then a store having some in stock for a couple of months, I've love to see that. Perhaps you are making this claim without any indication that it's correct. I doubt a dealer is going to be selling a refurnished Phantom as new. You indicate that DJI uses used parts to manufacture a Phantom and then sells that Phantom as new. I'll ask again... if you have _ANY_ (any) information to support this claim..... well... you can end that sentence.

i have had old phantom motors and now I have the new ones! and I have to say swap now! if u really can! don't lose the chance for get a real better perform...

Are you using your same account for the DJI app? Please feel free to post your flight times from the old motor to the new motors so we can see what these "increased" flight times are.

Tried several times:

upload_2016-2-1_15-4-32.png

No, buy why would they keep old motors in stock ?.
Because you can still buy parts for Phantom 1 and 2 series.
They're shinier and more streamlined..... You can go faster.
I see where your coming from .so one fellow drone to another what would you do keep old or go new
I can't think of any reason the newer is better.
New is certainly no faster and if there is any difference in sound or battery life, it's too small to notice.
I have both and can't detect any way that the newer performs better.
They just look a little different but both are great products.

My main issue with this is that there is so much unsupported posts that new motors are better. With that, people with the old motors feel that they have a lesser product. There is no indication of this. I see no reason to lead people to think this.

My main issue with this is that there is so much unsupported posts that new motors are better. With that, people with the old motors feel that they have a lesser product. There is no indication of this. I see no reason to lead people to think this.

Battery comparison sheet posted before works just fine, however took a screenshot for you. There is lot of threads about this, but guys with older motors are so convicted that they have similar, better or atleast NOT worse performance -> enough false claims becomes true -> "just cheaper to manufacture (yeah, probably)" -> people seems to believe this and it comes a fact. If there is FW related things between those i dont know, mine had latest FW's (both birds and i were cycling same 5 batteries)

That chart posted before is just for hovering, never tried that but i don't have any reason believe its false info. I like to fly and immediately noticed longer flights starting from the very first one and now i almost feel like i need to ask for forgiveness, so.. yeah, i'm sorry.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 453
That chart posted before is just for hovering, never tried that but i don't have any reason believe its false info. I like to fly and immediately noticed longer flights starting from the very first one and now i almost feel like i need to ask for forgiveness, so.. yeah, i'm sorry.

Tried the link at home and it worked fine. Thanks.

There are two flights with the old motors. Both were at hover only. The first went from 98% to 9% battery and only lasted 17m. I'm confused about this as I can fly the heck out of my P3 with old motors going from 97% down to 9% and get 18m. This is mainly running the drone at 29mph for 11,394'. The second flight you have on the old motors lasted 23m while only hovering. Why the substantial 6m increase with the same use? There are also 2 flights with the new motors that run right around 23m, about equal to the best times of the old motors. They are also 5m less then the best times of the new motors.

I see these numbers as being vastly different when they should be just about the same. I also see times of the new motors equaling times on the old motors.

I certainly thank you for putting together that list. Not sure if its a good indication that the new motors run longer.

Hovering takes more battery, it was explained here few days ago. Had something to do with slightly tilted motor angles. It's not my chart, never tested with hover.

Hovering takes more battery, it was explained here few days ago. Had something to do with slightly tilted motor angles. It's not my chart, never tested with hover.

I can't put that together. Increasing the power being drawn from the battery allows it to last longer then drawing less current?

Perhaps it was a thread on something similar like covering the farthest distance with the least amount of battery.

if u still get the old motors model nowadays, it is most likely a refurbished one.

This is absolute BS. Its very easy for a dealer to have old motor Drones in stock. Mine came from B&H 2 weeks ago which is a huge DJI dealer and it had old motors. Posting stuff like you did just confuses people more. "I read it on the internet so it has to be true"

I have to say swap now! if u really can! don't lose the chance for get a real better perform...

and don't forget to buy that new $350 main board while you are doing this waste of time. Yea, I've gotta get that extra 2 minutes of flight time.

It's easy to test, hover and test it
I can't put that together. Increasing the power being drawn from the battery allows it to last longer then drawing less current?

Perhaps it was a thread on something similar like covering the farthest distance with the least amount of battery.

This was discussed on dual battery mod thread. Has something to do with ground effect and motors being angled so they kinda are pulling each other to opposite directions to make it stable. Thats how i understood it.

and don't forget to buy that new $350 main board while you are doing this waste of time. Yea, I've gotta get that extra 2 minutes of flight time.

It doesnt matter if you manage to burn 1 of 4 ESC (old model) or new motherboard, with integraded ESC's. After "landing" only surviving part will probably be your remote. Hope you like it.

It doesnt matter if you manage to burn 1 of 4 ESC (old model) or new motherboard, with integraded ESC's. After "landing" only surviving part will probably be your remote. Hope you like it.
are you saying that the old motors are gonna burn up the ESC's

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl