New Noob!

Reaction score
Hey guys! Been flying helis since 2011 and just purchased my first camera ship... A DJI 3 pro from a fellow PhantomPilot. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for a enjoyable beginning.

If there are some must known sources for first time owners please direct me to it. Other than that.... I can't wait, should be arriving on the 28th!

P. S. I hail from sunny South Florida. Cheers!

Congratulations on the purchase :) I would recommend to set up an account with healthy drones. This is a life saver for giving you information if anything does go wrong. Also get some gimble guards and also a tracker too.

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello
From Sarasota! Good show! I also have a P3P, and love it.
Things you will need before arrival.

A compatible device ( my iPad 3 did not work, I had to buy a iPad Air 2 ). Love it. There are lots of devices that can work, but more that cannot. Just be aware, and search it up, if you have any questions, there are TONS of posts about compatible devices for DJI go app.

Next,
You'll want to find a short cable ( tether cable from Tx to device ) like 1' long. I had a long one, and kept having to zip-tie it up, sucked, so I finally bought a 1 foot locker no one, much nicer. Trust me.

Lastly
A good quality ( FAST ) SD card. ( if it does not come with one? )

As long as you get everything else with bird, you should be good to go.

Bird w gimbal/camera
Battery
Charger
Props

You should have a blast!

Welcome to the family, and hope to see some footage soon!
Best of luck! Take care, fly safe!

J Dot
:cool:

Nice! Thank you guys. I do have some devices that will work as the main display (SG5, Nvidia tablet and a OnePlus3). As for the gimbal guards and a tracker.... They sound to be very useful (safe to say that if the phantom goes down, the TX will not give GPS coordination of where it is?)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum Adjday .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Neon Euc and J Dot
A Warm Welcome From Bonny Scotland

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.