new message

Reaction score
Last night I flew my Phantom 4 + and there was this message on screen that I had to cancel it to be able to fly . IMG_5451.JPGwhat is it?
IMG_5451.JPG

what is it?
Double edge sword with those sensors. If the outdoor lighting is too weak they disable themselves. If the light is too strong, they tend to do odd things. ( I.E. Looking in to the sun )

Takes some getting used to, especially for me coming from a P3 standard to a P4P. Scared the poo outta me when it did that first time. I thought I'd just screwed the pooch. X out of it and fly the dang thing! Sensors are nice when they work, but I learned on a bird without all that fancy stuff... Fly with caution, but fly! Nothing to be alarmed about.

Brad

Takes some getting used to, especially for me coming from a P3 standard to a P4P. Scared the poo outta me when it did that first time. I thought I'd just screwed the pooch. X out of it and fly the dang thing! Sensors are nice when they work, but I learned on a bird without all that fancy stuff... Fly with caution, but fly! Nothing to be alarmed about.

Brad

Thanks for warning
I was lucky that I didn't hit anyone and anything,
it was too dark and I was sure that sensors will avoid hitting anything

Best not to rely on the sensors too much. I hear stories, and they ain't all good! Haven't figured out how to disable them completely, but soon as I do, I'll be happier! They make me a nervous wreck when the rc starts buzzing in my hands!!!

Brad
Thanks for warning
I was lucky that I didn't hit anyone and anything,
it was too dark and I was sure that sensors will avoid hitting anything

Reactions: MTO
You could try disabling obstacle avoidance in the app settings:
i-qScnpxN-L.jpg

Then click on Advanced Vision Settings there to switch off the downward facing sensors:
i-J8VRqPN-L.png
Sweet! Thanks! That'll make me feel a lil better. I like to do my own flying!

Reactions: MTO
Hi everyone.

I have a few questions for you all if you can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

We were out today flying our phantom 4 pro plus and on the controller it kept saying video cache is full. I don’t understand this as we have a massive memory card it the aircraft. All the videos we took sent all there when trying to view in the controller. How do I fix this? Is this a memory issue?
Also another question how do we transfer photos and video straight from the controller to iPhone. I’ve been trying to do this and can’t is their an easy way?

We were out today flying our phantom 4 pro plus and on the controller it kept saying video cache is full. I don’t understand this as we have a massive memory card it the aircraft. All the videos we took sent all there when trying to view in the controller. How do I fix this? Is this a memory issue?
I have to guess a little because the + controller is different from the original but the cached video will be stored in the memory of the controller - not the SD card in the aircraft.
You should be able to switch off video caching in the app settings if you don't need the cached videos - they are only low-res preview grade anyway), and delete what's there.

Hi Sarah,
I think you will get more replies if you start a new thread. Something like, Deleting vid cache + model RC? You can add your other questions there as well. Others will be helped by the replies. It is an interesting question about the + model RC. It is wonderful once you learn a little more about it.
Oops, Meta4 just answered your first question before my post. My video cache is turned off also. I do occasionally turn it back on, if I’m filming something important and can do a quick review of the flight. Then delete it. On the standard RC the cache is stored on your device, iPad, phone, whatever, if turned on. Same as + model internal storage. Have fun, fly safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruben Fred

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic