New member with problem

Reaction score
Hate for this to be my first post, but having a problem I haven't found in searches.

I just got a P2 Vision from my brother in law when he upgraded to a Mavic, and he said everything was working). Anyway, this drone stuff is new to me and still learning and want to crash the cheap one first while learning (Haven't had any crashes or hard landing yet)

Here is the problem, the dreaded spinning wheel on the app. Have telemetry, can take video and photos, control the camera and fly with no problems, just no FPV on my phone. (iPhone 7)

Things I have tried to date
1) Uninstalled the app and re-installed (several times) From Apple app store
2) Rebound camera
3) Bought a used camera and changed the top board with camera ribbon cable
4) Changed board 3
5) Have tried the replacement camera before gutting it for parts
6) Updated the camera firmware on the original camera
7) I even have tried with a old android camera I had laying around
8) Have tried all the different turn on orders I have seen on youtube and this forum.

What is weird (I guess) when I try to bind the replacement camera to the extender, the app can't even find the main Phantom wifi network, much less bind the replacement camera. This is before and after changing the boards out on the two cameras. After the board change out, I can still bind the original camera, but not the replacement.

I have missed anything??

Thanks!!

Buddy

Hope this all makes s

Reactions: clackey
Hate for this to be my first post, but having a problem I haven't found in searches.

I just got a P2 Vision from my brother in law when he upgraded to a Mavic, and he said everything was working). Anyway, this drone stuff is new to me and still learning and want to crash the cheap one first while learning (Haven't had any crashes or hard landing yet)

Here is the problem, the dreaded spinning wheel on the app. Have telemetry, can take video and photos, control the camera and fly with no problems, just no FPV on my phone. (iPhone 7)

2) Rebound camera
4) Changed board 3
8) Have tried all the different turn on orders I have seen on youtube and this forum.

What is weird (I guess) when I try to bind the replacement camera to the extender, the app can't even find the main Phantom wifi network, much less bind the replacement camera. This is before and after changing the boards out on the two cameras. After the board change out, I can still bind the original camera, but not the replacement.

I have missed anything??

Thanks!!

Buddy

Hope this all makes s
Wi-fi module most likely is the culprit do a quick search to see if that is your problem

2) Rebound camera
4) Changed board 3

I have missed anything??

Thanks!!

Buddy

Hope this all makes s
Vision 2's are famous for weak Wifi modules. I've replaced mine 3 times. They can be repaired by a few 3rd parties. Check Ebay. There's a guy called Turner Gutman (okstuv) that repairs them with a guarantee. I've used him twice. Send both the wifi module and the range extender and he'll bind them for you. Afterward, he recommends firing it up a couple times a month to avoid future trouble.

My understanding was the wifi module was for the Vision plus model. Not the base vision model I have. I thought the only wifi issue was board 3 with the base vision...

Thanks

FC200's bricked awhile ago and finally just took mine off and fly it in ATTI for practice .Was an update if I remember right that got lots of them .

Where are you located I have a Wi-Fi mod box from a Phantom 2 vision plus that is not in use and I know for sure is working. This might not be your problem but when I had my Phantom vision connected to iPhone I never got the first person view even though it says iPhone 7 is optimized for the app when I did it with an Android phone that wasn't even on their list.... go figure it worked....I'm not saying switch to Android I'm just saying maybe find someone who has one borrow it for 5 minutes and check it out because you never know. Cheers

Here is a picture... however like you said I'm not sure if it would work with that Phantom or not I'm in the process of trying to find out myself for a friend if it doesn't I apologize

Attachments

• 20190905_150403.jpg
    20190905_150403.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 303
A P2V+ wifi box does not go into a P2V. Been into mine way to much but has been way back and is in this section if you search. I will when I have a spare moment .

Sorry but on multiple forums here and just got back to this. You would have to search back to
2017 in this section to find all the stuff but the main man was J Dot on working with these cameras. Found this from him but search for him and look at his back post and that might help.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2) Rebound camera
4) Changed board 3

I have missed anything??

Thanks!!

Buddy

Hope this all makes s
Wi-fi module most likely is the culprit do a quick search to see if that is your problem
My understanding was the wifi module was for the Vision plus model. Not the base vision model I have. I thought the only wifi issue was board 3 with the base vision...

Thanks
You are right when I read extender my mind jumped to vision plus Sorry for any confusion

Thanks for the help so far, look forward to more info from dirkclod for other ideas....

Buddy

im the Uk repairer for these units, but I also have a video that ive done showing how to fix it

Reactions: dirkclod
im the Uk repairer for these units, but I also have a video that ive done showing how to fix it

Thanks for the video, however, I only have a Vision, not a vision +

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31