New Mavic2 Smart Controller, compatible with P4PV2?

Reaction score
With the release of the new Mavic2 Smart controller, announced at CES this week, has anyone heard if it's compatible with P4PV2? Both craft use Ocu-Sync2 so I'm thinking it should work, but haven't heard any confirmation.

I sure hope DJI is in design to release an 8" version soon with 1000nit displays. The 5.5" looks nice, but too small for my taste. The new 5.5" smart controller claims "3rd Party S/W compatibility", which I didn't expect. This leads me to suspect DJI outsourced the design of this new product that has a standard Android OS that will run anything made for Android phones. But, if this is truly compatible with 3rd party apps, and DJI designed it, there should be no reason for Crystal Sky to be so finicky about PlayStore compatibility, and run any Android app.

No, the last major update for phantom 4 V2.0 included an ocusync update to v2.0.

Anyways, it was just confirmed on the dji forums that the remote will work with the phantom 4 v2.0 in the future after a software update! Awesome!

Reactions: Pursuer
6018da41bbfd6b5bece81f43f7d15929.jpg

Ah, I got the V2.0 mixed up with OcuSync2.0. That answers that! I guess P5 will be OcuSync2..... if and when it's released.

No, you were correct. Phantom 4 v2.0 originally came with ocusync but ocusync is software updateable to v2.0 which is what dji did in one of the latest updates.

d5402a9bd7c019fefe77b33ffd97abfe.jpg

Reactions: msinger
This implies OcuSync1 and OcuSync2 are hardware identical. The only difference is firmware. This also implies that MavicPro owners with OcuSync have hope for an upgrade to OcuSync2 in the future. This also provides hope that anyone who currently owns DJI Googles can update their firmware to be OcuSync2 compatible, so it works with the newest craft.

I'm wondering if a future set of DJI Goggles that are OcuSync 2 compatible would also be backward compatible with craft that only have OcuSync1 (MavicPro or pro platinum).

Last edited:
Reactions: donaldvail
That's interesting from DJI Susan. This implies OcuSync1 and OcuSync2 are hardware identical. The only difference is firmware. This also implies that MavicPro owners also have hope for OcuSync2 in the future. This also provides hope that anyone with DJI Googles can update their firmware to be OcuSync2 compatible, so it works with the newest craft.

Yep, if you research it, you’ll find that is exactly the case.

Well, I should clarify.... I believe the original goggles and Mavic Pro are missing some of the radio hardware that’s needed to function on both bands at the same time. But ocusync in the Mavic 2 and phantom 4 v2.0 yes, the only difference was firmware from what I understand.

Reactions: DKG13CC
With the release of the new Mavic2 Smart controller, announced at CES this week, has anyone heard if it's compatible with P4PV2? Both craft use Ocu-Sync2 so I'm thinking it should work, but haven't heard any confirmation.

I sure hope DJI is in design to release an 8" version soon with 1000nit displays. The 5.5" looks nice, but too small for my taste. The new 5.5" smart controller claims "3rd Party S/W compatibility", which I didn't expect. This leads me to suspect DJI outsourced the design of this new product that has a standard Android OS that will run anything made for Android phones. But, if this is truly compatible with 3rd party apps, and DJI designed it, there should be no reason for Crystal Sky to be so finicky about PlayStore compatibility, and run any Android app.

This new DJI Smart Controller is FULLY compatible the P4PV2 as both Drones communicate using OcuSync 2.0. DJI’s latest firmware updates assure proper Linking. Jw

This implies OcuSync1 and OcuSync2 are hardware identical. The only difference is firmware. This also implies that MavicPro owners with OcuSync have hope for an upgrade to OcuSync2 in the future. This also provides hope that anyone who currently owns DJI Googles can update their firmware to be OcuSync2 compatible, so it works with the newest craft.

I'm wondering if a future set of DJI Goggles that are OcuSync 2 compatible would also be backward compatible with craft that only have OcuSync1 (MavicPro or pro platinum).

Sorry to burst your bubble but that's incorrect.

Mavic (1) Pro and Platinum only work in the 2.4 GHz band (TX/RX) - protocol: "Occusync 1"

Further clarifications:

Phantom 4 Pro (V1) is dual band 2.4GHz and 5.8Ghz (TX/RX) manually switchable - protocol: Lightbridge 2

Phantom 4 Pro (V2) is dual band 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz (TX/RX) automatically switchable with a manual over-ride - Originally released with Occusync 1.5 and later upgraded to Occusync 2.0 (via firmware).

This new DJI Smart Controller is FULLY compatible the P4PV2 as both Drones communicate using OcuSync 2.0. DJI’s latest firmware updates assure proper Linking. Jw
Which update? I am unable to get it to link with my 4 V2.0 and I am running the latest updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic