New Main Board Invalid Serial Number

Reaction score
This is my first port on PhantomPilots. I have enjoyed reading the forum for many years. Here is my issue:

I have a P3 Pro that I bought new back in 2015. It has been a great bird with no issues, Recently I crashed it. It was a low level crash and the only visible damage was a cracked prop. After replacing the prop, i fired it up and everything worked except the GPS. I removed the top cover and discovered that the GPS connector on the main board was broken. I could hold the connector down and it worked great. I would have re-soldered the connector except it pulled up the runs on the board. I decided to replace the main board. I ordered a NEW main board and accomplished the install without issues. I have many years of experience working on Air Force Avionics. After the install I updated the Firmware. Everything checks out great. Gimbal Calibration, Compass Calibration, IMU Calibration, GPS. Video works and records. When I try to start I get invalid Serial Number. I got with DJI and they said the serial number was good but not activated. I assume the new Flight Controller has the activated. I have tried the following to fix:

reloaded firware
Relink RC to Bird
Reinstalled DJI Go App
Tried new android device
created new DJI account

My only option at this point is to look for another main board.

BTW my old main board (re-installed) does not present this error.

The first time you tried to start it up after the new board install, did you get a screen asking you to activate it?
Maybe try an Apple device. Another question, are you in an Authorization Zone?

The first time you tried to start it up after the new board install, did you get a screen asking you to activate it?
I did not get the activation message, I have tried 3 different IOS devices, I have also noticed that every time I start DJ Go it states that it has been less than 48 hours since I activated my device and I am eligible for DJI Care. I have foud another Main board and may try a second one. I just received my Mavic Air 2 so I have something new to play with.

I am in an authorization zone

I ordered an installed a new Main board. I got the activation notice and was able to successfully activate with DJI. All is good. Looking back I think I went ahead and upgraded the firmware on the first board before I activated. I never got the activation message. Note to others, make sure you activate before doing anything with a new board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31