New landing gear suggestions

Reaction score
The landing gear on my p2 is slightly bent after its adventures with its previous owner. Unfortunately the bend is on the leg which holds the compass, making the compass sit in a slightly different position. I'm concerned that this might affect flight performance but also it makes the leg effectively slightly shorter than the others so the phantom wobbles when it is sat down on a smooth surface. This then makes an accurate IMU calibration hard to obtain.

So I need a new set of landing gear. I'm thinking that maybe the 'upgrade' gear you can buy that is wider and taller might be a good option as it might make landing on grass easier preventing the drone from tipping over so often. It might also be better as it looks like it would protect a gimbal better with the increased ground clearance.

However as the compass is mounted on the landing gear, having wider and taller gear will change the position of the compass relative to the flight controller. Will this cause a problem at all or am I making it up?

And also when I do install a gimbal, I'd like to use one of those gimbal protectors which go between the bottom landing skids. Does anyone know if these can be used with the taller wider landing gear?

Thanks for any help with this
Tristan

The landing gear on my p2 is slightly bent after its adventures with its previous owner. Unfortunately the bend is on the leg which holds the compass, making the compass sit in a slightly different position. I'm concerned that this might affect flight performance but also it makes the leg effectively slightly shorter than the others so the phantom wobbles when it is sat down on a smooth surface. This then makes an accurate IMU calibration hard to obtain.

So I need a new set of landing gear. I'm thinking that maybe the 'upgrade' gear you can buy that is wider and taller might be a good option as it might make landing on grass easier preventing the drone from tipping over so often. It might also be better as it looks like it would protect a gimbal better with the increased ground clearance.

However as the compass is mounted on the landing gear, having wider and taller gear will change the position of the compass relative to the flight controller. Will this cause a problem at all or am I making it up?

And also when I do install a gimbal, I'd like to use one of those gimbal protectors which go between the bottom landing skids. Does anyone know if these can be used with the taller wider landing gear?

Thanks for any help with this
Tristan

If the other leg is straight simply take the compass off and remove the bent leg. Then run it under hot water straighten it then run it under cold to set it. If that isn't to your liking then by a new set. DJI Phantom 2/Phantom 2 Vision Landing Gear CP.PT.000069 B&H

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20