New here, any way to zoom?

Reaction score
Hello, I have a phantom 3 advanced, and I'm having a blast flying it around.

Is there any way to enable or add zoom?

Also, I got it stock in a tree, it went crazy full power. Is there like an instant off? I held down on the joy stick on control to no avail.

Is there any way to enable or add zoom?
No.

Is there like an instant off? I held down on the joy stick on control to no avail.
A CSC is the only way to shut down the motors when your Phantom is in the air. If it's stuck in a tree (or in some other kind of scenario where it cannot descend), you can hold the left stick down for 3-5 seconds. A CSC will shut down the motors in less than one second though.

Exactly. Fly closer. That's your "zoom".

Phantom, meet Tree. Tree, meet Phantom.
I really think the OP should get acquainted with flying and understanding the controls before flying closer.

Reactions: Reed L
I got it stuck in a tree, it went crazy full power. Is there like an instant off? I held down on the joy stick on control to no avail.
The manual is full of useful and interesting things like this.
i-ZhRNmjb.jpg

Thank you all for the prompt replies. I appreciate the info.

What's the deal with zoom? I like flying high and being able to zoom in on something. Feels safer up there.

In regards to flying around trees, unfortunately there's a lot of trees near me so hard to avoid.

A zoom would add complexity and weight.

...and much more $$$$..

Mind you, a digital zoom probably wouldn't be too much to add. Not that there of much use though.

Most already have digital zoom. It's called editing software.

I dont know that a digital zoom would add cost. Keep it all in the app, add a gesture to the streamed image surface, push in and pinch out just like any other picture or video.

Digital zooms rubbish unless your in 4K. Anyway, can you imagine the fun that the Daily Mail would have with a mass produced quad that has a decent zoom? We wouldn't be able to get out of our own back gardens without a licence !

I dont know that a digital zoom would add cost. Keep it all in the app, add a gesture to the streamed image surface, push in and pinch out just like any other picture or video.
And why would you need (or want) digital zoom?

Just zoom in on the software when you are editing. Same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20