New H3-3D Install - Not Level + Flight Test & Notes

lightingbryan said:
This assumption could be incorrect as I have had it go either way without changing ANYTHING! I just turned off and on the heli multi times and noticed that it could go either way.
Yep, same here. It seems to favour swinging to the left, but if the mood takes it - it will just do what the hell it likes (must be female, or a cat).

:cool:

Jaybee said:
Thanks to the advice from shartlza in this post, I've nailed the unlevelled horizon issue...

I used a spirit level to check the table I did an advanced IMU cali. on yesterday, it was off. Found a perfectly level surface and ran the IMU cali. again and it's solved the issue.

Lesson learned. Always have a spirit level handy in your flight hanger!

No prob, that is what we are all here for. ;-)

Got this hilarious email from Amazon this morning:

Are you looking for something in our Preschool Toys department? If so, you might be interested in these items.

Preschool Toys -- DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3 Axis Brushless Gopro Gimbal
Price: $499.00
Ships from and sold by DealBoss.

Apparently Bezos has had problems getting consistent level horizon from his H3-3D as well.

Kelly

Jaybee said:
lightingbryan said:
This assumption could be incorrect as I have had it go either way without changing ANYTHING! I just turned off and on the heli multi times and noticed that it could go either way.
Yep, same here. It seems to favour swinging to the left, but if the mood takes it - it will just do what the hell it likes (must be female, or a cat).

:cool:

So I just did a few more tests... Not sure if this is actuate but when facing the camera mostly down (not all the, haven't tested all the way) the camera doesn't seem to drift!!!

Can you test yours?

Tested the ND filter yesterday in the field. Stable footage, loads of jello.

Considering the crazy audio tone I get on my GoPro footage, and the constant jello, I’m convinced it’s because the gimbal has loads of vibration going on. This translates through to the GoPro which records the interference as the audio tone and the jello on the moving image.

Back to the dealer on Monday who are going to exchange it. Another RMA for DJI to deal with and more frustration for yet another customer who’s been waiting 6 weeks to get his hands on a H3-3D.

Honesty, what a massive ****-up this all is :roll:

Jaybee said:
Tested the ND filter yesterday in the field. Stable footage, loads of jello.

Considering the crazy audio tone I get on my GoPro footage, and the constant jello, I’m convinced it’s because the gimbal has loads of vibration going on. This translates through to the GoPro which records the interference as the audio tone and the jello on the moving image.

Back to the dealer on Monday who are going to exchange it. Another RMA for DJI to deal with and more frustration for yet another customer who’s been waiting 6 weeks to get his hands on a H3-3D.

Honesty, what a massive ****-up this all is :roll:

An EXACT repetition of the H3-2D launch last year !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20