New guy. Lots of questions.

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am getting a phantom 2 vision+ next week. I’m super excited about it. I’m sure there is a lot to learn with it, but I am hoping you guys can help me get it all figured out. I have been flying mini quads/ racers for a little while now, but have always wanted a phantom I’ve just never been able to afford one. The one I am getting supposedly is in excellent shape, but has an issue.
He said “it has trouble with the on screen feedback. It won’t display the number of gps satellites, sd card slot recognition, but that the gps works well and it position holds great. He didn’t know what the issue was, I’m hoping you guys do.

If it doesn't display the number of satellites and doesn't recognize the SD card, I would not call it in "excellent" shape. I hope you're getting it for free or for very little. You may be able to fix it, and it may or may not be easy and/or cheap.

Good luck.

It’s basically a trade for about 100 bucks worth of stuff, other mini quads. The more reading I’m doing the more I’m worried that the phantom 2 vision plus is kinda junk these days. Do any of them still fly well

It sounds like the SD card issue might be as simple as reformatting the card through the vision app, the live feed works on the phantom, but it is not showing the number of satellites, but stating that alt hold is spot on and it’s super stabil

You should be able to count the satellites by watching the lamps on the AC. Still - I'd rather see the number on the app. I've never had that problem.

But yes, they still fly very nicely. I fly mine all the time.

Ok I’m pretty handy with electronics, iv been reading it could be a cable issue, do you use the dji vision app or an alternative app? Do you use a legacy version or the most up todate version, I wouldn’t mind modding this out, I have a hero 5 session, and fatshark hd3s, it would be nice to incorporate those some how

He said “it has trouble with the on screen feedback. It won’t display the number of gps satellites, sd card slot recognition, but that the gps works well and it position holds great. He didn’t know what the issue was, I’m hoping you guys do.

Your not getting what we call telemetry, this issue is usually related to a cable issue, there are 3 that run from the camera back inside the main body and either of them could be faulty, worse case the board itself is bad.

Im hoping that at the least it will show the live feed from the camera on the app installed on your phone, if not then WALK AWAY as its not worth bothering with.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Congats on your purchase. If you only have $100 dollars in it, and it fly's then it's worth it. First you need to download and install DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 & DJI RC System Assistant_1.2. You can find these on the DJI website. You can then calibrate your transmitter and Phantom and do updates if needed. Look on youtube, there are lots of videos on how to do this. If you do a ping test it will tell you if you have a board out on you wifi module. It does seem like a loose wire somewhere. Check all your wires and ribbon cables. It's very easy to open the phantom up. Don't be afraid. Check the wires on the inside as well. If and when you decide to open it up. Always remove the screws on the arms first. This will save you from stripping the screws. Here is a copy of the wifi module wiring and Phantom belly wires, this might help isolate your problem. Good luck and happy flying.

upload_2017-12-30_9-56-20.png

upload_2017-12-30_9-57-44.png

Hey guys I am having beeping coming from my gimble.. when I open the vision + app it shows no live feed, but shows at card,wifi,satellites, and battery, I get an error saying remove clamp which is not on. Any help would be great. Will post video or pics in a few.

That’s great David thank you! I’m glad to see this pinout. I’m much more comfortable messing with stuff when I know which wire is which,
Congats on your purchase. If you only have $100 dollars in it, and it fly's then it's worth it. First you need to download and install DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 & DJI RC System Assistant_1.2. You can find these on the DJI website. You can then calibrate your transmitter and Phantom and do updates if needed. Look on youtube, there are lots of videos on how to do this. If you do a ping test it will tell you if you have a board out on you wifi module. It does seem like a loose wire somewhere. Check all your wires and ribbon cables. It's very easy to open the phantom up. Don't be afraid. Check the wires on the inside as well. If and when you decide to open it up. Always remove the screws on the arms first. This will save you from stripping the screws. Here is a copy of the wifi module wiring and Phantom belly wires, this might help isolate your problem. Good luck and happy flying.

View attachment 92779
View attachment 92780
This is incredibly helpful, thank you very much! I feel much better having pinout!

Ewayne, you might want to start your own thread to bring the correct attention to your problem

He says it displays the live feed no problem

Where ?

"He said “it has trouble with the on screen feedback. It won’t display the number of gps satellites, sd card slot recognition, but that the gps works well and it position holds great."

ok update, the phantom 2 vision plus is on its way to me now. He sent me and update with pictures and everything actually seems to be working now. He said the telemetry is functioning, it recognizes the sd card, the live stream works and it is displaying the number of satellites he also has control of the gimbal through the vision app. I have done A LOT of reading in the last couple of days. I am waiting anxiously for it to arrive. but also super nervous about the wifi module. I am planning on opening it up, doing the artic silver, and drilling a bunch of holes in the case on my drill press. I have also ordered the copper shielding tape for the top to shield the GPS antenna. I am not shy about opening it up, I have been building drones for a while now, to include a F450 style arducopter that I 3d printed. I am hoping that the telemetry issues were just a loose cable, and the fact that it is all working now is a relief. I just don't want to experience one of the many horror stories of people loosing video and burning out their cards.

ok update, the phantom 2 vision plus is on its way to me now. He sent me and update with pictures and everything actually seems to be working now. He said the telemetry is functioning, it recognizes the sd card, the live stream works and it is displaying the number of satellites he also has control of the gimbal through the vision app. I have done A LOT of reading in the last couple of days. I am waiting anxiously for it to arrive. but also super nervous about the wifi module. I am planning on opening it up, doing the artic silver, and drilling a bunch of holes in the case on my drill press. I have also ordered the copper shielding tape for the top to shield the GPS antenna. I am not shy about opening it up, I have been building drones for a while now, to include a F450 style arducopter that I 3d printed. I am hoping that the telemetry issues were just a loose cable, and the fact that it is all working now is a relief. I just don't want to experience one of the many horror stories of people loosing video and burning out their cards.

All sounding good mate, as for the arctic paste, unless you live in a really hot country then its not worth the effort, the wifi module cools down enough when the quad is in flight, and if you plan to do work on it in the house just point a household fan at it whilst you work.

I am in the middle of the mojave desert actually, so we see pretty high temperatures. I dont mind opening things up and putting it on there, I appreciate the tip of putting a fan on it in the house.

Reactions: crash1sttime
I am in the middle of the mojave desert actually, so we see pretty high temperatures. I dont mind opening things up and putting it on there, I appreciate the tip of putting a fan on it in the house.
Lol Mojave Desert in that case yeah I would most definitely do the mod then

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72