New guy here with questions about DJI

DJI drones are the best bang for the buck. I think they are so huge that their customer service lacks luster. Customer service has tried to cover up some problems that was their fault. If they cover your drone problem with their warranty, you love them. If not even though you have a good documented case, WELL. It's no laugh. They are very legalistic and are strict on their policies.

They have to be.
My first warranty issue, man they are great.
My second warranty issue: They sent me a replacement P4. It was bad with an intermittent problem. They told me what to do to fix it. The "intermittent" problem seemed fixed. 8 days later, it ended up in the bottom of a canyon with no roads or trails to it.
#1 From seem fixed to crash, it went out of warranty.
#2 you have to be able to show them the drone to get it covered.
These are their reasons for not covering it. 4 months later and I'm taking the case to the Attorney General.

Meanwhile I bought another P4 off FleeBay. LOL

I've had Holy Stone and they are a laugh compared to the basic DJI drone. I have a P3 standard, that was under a waterfall for 3 days. I have some health issues and my wife wouldn't let me retrieve it on the opposite side of the river. It is a tad remote and no cell reception. I had to get a friend to go with me. I brought it home and washed it out with water because it was full of a fine brown silt. I bought a P 4 thinking my P3 was toast. One year later I decide to work on my old P3 and it works. I don't expect anyone to believe me. All it needed was a battery and a wifi cable replaced. That's a fact!

Mine went swimming too WV. I got lucky in that while it was bouncing down the cliff face the battery dislodged so the bird went in powered down. Still, it was submerged inverted 15 minutes by the time I could get to it. Several drying methods later, it powered up and flew fine. The only casualties were a few broken props and the battery was water damaged beyond repair. I'm impressed.

I have a P4P that I bought a brand new GL300E "Pro Plus" controller to see if it had a better screen than my phone or tablets that I've been using. The first time I flew it, I kept getting WiFi interference warnings, even though There's no WiFi near me except at my home, and have never gotten a warning about it from my original controller. It registered it's home point, but Before I flew, I let it hover for a minute or so to make sure it was ok. All seemed good, so off I went. It got about 75 meters away, and I started loosing control of the bird, flying into a group of trees. It eventually lost connection, and crashed into a tree, destroying the props, gimbal, landing gear, and cracked the top cover. I sent the bird and new controller to DJI with this same description. All I can say is that without any other contact with DJI, I have a new bird, and controller arriving today under warranty. Way to go DJI!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl