New Flytrex Goodies

@Amitregev: i have exactly the same issue as WellyflyerNZ and have trying to solve this for a week now with Flytrex Support but no resolution yet - and no explanation of what should be done...
Really annoying as I have bought a promising but expensive pruduct which in this state is completely useless to me...
Can you help to resolve ?

Thanks - Martin from DK

multimartin said:
@Amitregev: i have exactly the same issue as WellyflyerNZ and have trying to solve this for a week now with Flytrex Support but no resolution yet - and no explanation of what should be done...
Really annoying as I have bought a promising but expensive pruduct which in this state is completely useless to me...
Can you help to resolve ?

Thanks - Martin from DK

Hi multimartin :)

Are you getting 6 quick flashes and then a long flash? (should repeat itself). If you are seeing a different number of quick flashes let me know - it might indicate a different problem depending on the number of short flashes.

Can you confirm if you registered the Live with your account?

Please go to your Flytrex profile, copy the URL and paste it back here -- I will review your account quickly and see if I can find what exactly is the error in our server logs. :)

@amitregev

Yes, I see the 6 short flashes and a longer one - and then the cycle repeats. The Live is apparantly linked to my profile: xxxxxxxxxx

Great if you can fix this...

amitregev said:
WellyflyerNZ said:
Firstly, thanks to all on this forum. I have been learning so much about my new quad from reading on here.

Today I installed my flytrex live into my phantom 2 vision plus.

I have a SIM card with 2g gprs data tested and working. (Tested on an iPhone 4 with 3G turned off)

Vodafone nz is the provider.

After startup the flytrex live is giving the following signal on the led.

One long red flash followed by six short red flashes. Continues in a loop.

Does anyone know what that means?

Does anyone here know how to manually change the apn setting for the flytrex live?

I assume it can be done via USB? But after reading some of the issues, I would not be all that surprised if thisnfeaturemwas not yet available.

Thanks

Hi WellyflyerNZ :)

The 6 red flashes indicates that you are getting an error response from the Flytrex server. The good news are that it means you got the network connection part working nicely since you're already getting a response from our server.

In most cases, this happens when activating Flytrex Live without registering it with your account first. The server then sends back an error saying that this Live is not linked to any account - hence it doesn't know where to store the data streamed from this Live device.

Registering your Flytrex Live with your account takes seconds. Take a look at the Registering Your Flytrex Live section at our user manual here: http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live/manual/

After registering give it another try. If this was the cause, the LED should flash green on the next power up. :)

** Actually -- it is possible that your Live is also pending for firmware update, so it might first flash blue/purple several times the first time you power it up after registration the device. This is just the new firmware being pushed. I suggest you read quickly our latest firmware update post, just so you know what LED lights to expect. This will only happen once, in the first power up cycle after registering your Live for the first time. See here: http://www.flytrex.com/blog/flytrex-liv ... -released/

Let me know how it goes! :)

So I had already registered with flytrex on the website. I am 99% sure, as I used the QR code on the back of the flytrex before installing.

Took my phantom with the flytrex attached out for a play this evening.

All worked perfectly. From start position to end position. Not a dropped piece of data. This was great to see after reading the negative feedback on here. In NZ I think 2G will be round for a while yet hopefully.

Maybe there was a delay on the server registering the device?

Anyway, all working. Happy camper.

Amit. I have emailed you on facebook too, letting you know it's all working.
Can I please get involved in the ios testing if there are any spots left?

Thanks

Chris

@amitregev

Just tried again now; init OK - but sitll the "one long red and 6 short" error cycle. Could you see something in the logs?

multimartin said:
@amitregev

Just tried again now; init OK - but sitll the "one long red and 6 short" error cycle. Could you see something in the logs?

Thanks multimartin for the feedback! Reviewing our databases I can see that the Flytrex Live is registered properly with your account, so the registration part is definitely OK. However, I can't seem to see any actual connection coming from your Live to our servers, so I suspect the problem might be before a connection is actually established.

Any chance you can grab a short video, using the mobile phone will be great, and upload it showing the LED flashing you get during power up of your bird? I'd like to see if I might be able to identify and point the cause faster this way.

Thanks!

@amitregev: could it be that my live has a different number than what is printed on the sticker on its backside and that is the reason for this error? Is there any way for me to test it? i.e. through the MicroUSB port on the Live?

@amitregev: In my frustration, I thought of trying a different SIM.

I took my wifes out of her iPhone 4, plugged it in the Live device instead of the one I purchased for it and IT WORKS!

The Live registred, updated the firmware and now shows me live flight data !!!

Now I just need to figure out how to proceed with the SIM in order to not have to rely on my wifes SIM (she wouldnt really understand why my Quad is more important), but you should not spend more time looking into this from your side.

Thanks for your support - I will drop a note to Flytrex support as well !

MadMitch88 said:
amitregev said:
Regarding your question, at the moment we still don't have any button or link available on the user's account that takes you to your Live Flight Channel. This is something we're definitely working on and should have more news about it available shortly.

In the meantime, to enter your Live Flight Channel, enter your Flytrex Profile and add "/live/" at the end of the URL. This link will take you to your Live Flight Channel where you can see your flight telemetry in real time and share it with others.

Not placing a link on the profile page so users can easily access their Live Flight Channel is a HUGE mistake on Flytrex's behalf. Your company needs to realize that 99% of customers are only buying the Flytrex Live device because they want to track their aircraft's position in real time on Google Maps --- otherwise we'd be buying the cheaper Core 2 instead to get the flight data. Forgetting to tell them to type "/live/" after their profile's URL is a VERY important piece of information you left out and it caused me hours of aggravation while I assaulted your website trying to find out how to enable the Live Flight Channel. :oops:

I know you probably won't listen to me since I'm only one frustrated user but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put a huge button link in the profile page highlighted in neon red and flashing to indicate that's where users need to click to access their Live Flight Channel. Please do this, OK? I will spread much joy and approval of your product on discussion boards if you do this!

Hi MadMitch88 :)

Totally agree - adding a link/button and indication to pilot's profile is essential, can't go without. Development takes some time, but we're really doing our utmost to move forward as quickly as possible.

For some good news -- we just announced on our FB page new site updates. Among the new features we also added a new Live Flight button together with some UI refresh we did to the Profile View display.

Clicking the new Live Flight button takes you to the Live Flight Channel. Plus, the button itself changes color (to bright green) and updates its status to "ON AIR" whenever you fly with Flytrex Live, so others can easily join the Live Flight Channel whenever you take off.

This is of course just a start - much more in that direction is planned, but that's a fair start that should make it MUCH easier for pilots to find their Live Flight Channel and also make it possible for others to see when you're flying.

Sorry for the slight delay - I wanted to reply only after having some good news on that matter. :)

Attachments

• new_live_flight_status_button_preview.png
    new_live_flight_status_button_preview.png
    34 KB · Views: 298
Amit - Woot! Woot! (aka: "sweeet")

Keep those updates coming and you'll stay in business...and do rather well as a company, I think.

Here's an idea for another button/label/calculation though - in a future update. What I'm thinking: Flytrex Live already pushes out the variables so I think it would be a calculation on the back end with a modified presentation layer on the "Live" flight screen. You take the voltage of the battery @ the start and compare it with flight time for that mission from the point where V/S = > 1. Then you match it against the time of flight. Given those (and perhaps other) variables, you can push out an estimate of "available flight time remaining" till you get to 10.9 volts (in this example it's a Phantom 2 with the intelligent battery). Call it remaining battery, call it remaining time till RTH engages, call it volts used per min, call it whatever - doesn't matter. But the key metric you'll see is how many mins/secs you'll have - given your current flight behavior and "live" flight data - till the thing auto-lands/returns-to-home/or gets to a "props dead" state. If you're pushing the motors hard, the calculation/displayed metric will reflect that behavior. If you're taking it "easy", and so forth.... It takes away the need for an iOSD (or similar device) in that regard.

Now...I'm going to go sit in a chair and try to figure out why this could be a bad idea...or perhaps one that's already been developed....(it's early, no coffee as of yet).

Edit: this can allow you to disable the auto-RTH element of 3.06 firmware (for P2 flyers). Also, add in a calculation taking into account distanced traveled...so one could know how far out they can go before they're at a point where there's not enough battery to get back to the takeoff point. i.e., a different (more "optional") way to do what 3.06 firmware has implemented. You get the information, you'll make the decision. No automatic triggers based on some DJI calculation they think is best for all mankind.

Amit - is it possible for you to PM me a copy of the Windows tool which can set alternate APNs in the Live ?

Just installed my flytrax live here in Dallas.

I can't get past the initial red light. i get one long red lite, a pause and 4 short red lights. Anty thoughts?

when I connect up to my iPhone I have 9 satellites .
i have rechecked the connections and they are tight

any thoughts?

No one with a answer ?

Now i have a few questions.

1)
A core 2 or a live, seen the issue talked about in this topic and a 2G support will make the live eventually obsolete.
I live in the EU and i don't have to travel far to be in a other country, we have roaming tariffs ( going to be discontinued but still exist now ) so going in a other country is going to cost more when i buy the live.
I don't know it yet a core 2 ( with use of the TK102-2 ) or a live ???
2)
I didn't see what the data consumption is for the live.
For the TK102-2 i have a prepaid card that holds the credit for 1 year, 15€ for 125 sms or 30mb data.
Can anyone that uses the live say what is has used up for data transfer for a mission or several missions so i can get a picture on what the cost can be ?
3)
We all know the alu mod for the GPS module.
Now flytrex extends that cable from the gps module.
This could contribute to the interference issue.
Also i've seen that the provided extension cable is of inferior quality so i already have a other idea in my head to use a shielded wire to connect it to the bird.
Any report or issue's and sats loss after installing the flytrex ?

I have a phantom V2+. I have connected my flytrex live which is working.

I have done the recalibration (advanced) but I don't get the green check mark at the end. the calibration numbers appear ok

i have calibrated the sticks, and have 7 satellites
When I take off the phantom has a mind of its own. it just starts to fly away. I am in GPs mode. This has happened three times now, two crashes and one save

any thoughts?

FamilyMan5821: Wrong forum.

Figured it might have to do wit the flytrap. Since it started having issues after I added it.

where would you recommend?

familyman5821 said:
Figured it might have to do wit the flytrap. Since it started having issues after I added it.

where would you recommend?

When you said you did an advanced calibration, did you mean IMU or compass? Sounds like your compass might be a little confused - could it have been magnetised by a screwdriver when taking the lid off? Have you recalibrated compass after installing the Live? Plug into the Assistant and tell us your compass MOD value...

I left the flytrax box attached, but reconnected to the phantom gps and removed the wires that would connect to the flytrex
I have recalibrated a few times Both IMU and have done the compass dance

I get 5-7 satellites and when I start to take off and get about 6 feet off the ground the phantom seems to speed up and take off. I have been able to run after it and catch it the last few times.

Really appreciate the help

familyman5821 said:
I have a phantom V2+. I have connected my flytrex live which is working.

I have done the recalibration (advanced) but I don't get the green check mark at the end. the calibration numbers appear ok

i have calibrated the sticks, and have 7 satellites
When I take off the phantom has a mind of its own. it just starts to fly away. I am in GPs mode. This has happened three times now, two crashes and one save

any thoughts?

I'm curious where you soldered your connections?
Also who are you using for your SIM card, are you sure that account is active?

And after you power up the quad battery, what is the exact sequence in what you see with the FLT light?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT