New Flytrex Goodies

Reaction score
What on earth is this anyone know ???.....answers on a postcard please to.....

Its here !!!!....built in tracker etc etc....

I am surprised that no one has created an app that logs all the data on the (iPhone) monitor screen (+ long/lat) every second or so. But maybe the obstacle has to do with iOS being unable to multitask (if that's in fact true).

Wow, is this a free cellular service they're providing? I didn't see anything about any monthly charges for the GSM sim card... hmmm...

srandall25 said:
Wow, is this a free cellular service they're providing? I didn't see anything about any monthly charges for the GSM sim card... hmmm...

No you have to obtain your own MicroSIM and service. For T-Mobile, its $10/month for 1GB of data. Cool thing is this provides a built-in tracker of sorts...marks last recorded position and continues to do so until power is lost. Also love the way it automatically uploads your mission data in real time.

cool... just saw that in the details... I think this combined with the Marco Polo is the perfect tracking solution...

So seriously , how many tracking do you need at onetime? Everyone was bitching if these trackers didn't have gps, now flytrex has one without gps just cellular and it's fine. What if your in a bad cell area ? What if you lose phantom power and it crashes out of sight in a bad cell area ?

That's exactly why I think the Marco Polo (non-cellular technology) combined with the Flytrex is the perfect combo.. The drawback of the Marco Polo is that the range is limited to .5 to 2 miles... the plus is the you have something to track still in an area where cellular signals may not be available... The Flytrex on the other hand can zero you in from further than 2 miles if needed (assuming a cellular signal exists) and then you can home in to a more accurate point with the Marco Polo... This will be perfect.. The Marco Polo requires no ongoing payments and the battery life is outstanding and its very light... definitely a feasible addition with a Flytrex... The Flytrex does use GPS off the Phantom...

Am I correct in thinking the main drawback may be if you lost your phantom you would only have the remaining battery life in which to find it before the unit loses power ? Most flyaways would drain the battery and come down so your tracking is lost......or am I missing something ???

:?:

I think the point is that it wouldn't matter if the battery drained. The keyword is 'Live' in Flytrex Live. Flytrex stores the last known GPS coord of your phantom prior to losing battery life...

So if the power shut off and you were pretty far away , say over a fields , woods , heavy brush , cornfields etc.
You would have a "general idea" with the flytrex?
Sorry I would want something that I could track while it's down .. And I really don't to want to fly around with 2 trackers , ones bad enough !

srandall25 said:
I think the point is that it wouldn't matter if the battery drained. The keyword is 'Live' in Flytrex Live. Flytrex stores the last known GPS coord of your phantom prior to losing battery life...

well spotted !

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31